Scene 2

The pile of files was almost gone, and Detective Chloe Decker was glad. She had been doing those reports throughout the whole week and she was ready to put them to rest, forever. Not only was she lying savagely on them, but they also reminded her that Lucifer was gone.

Merely a week ago, demons had escaped Hell and had tried to take their king back. When Lucifer had refused to go back with them, they had kidnapped Linda and Amenadiel's son, Charlie, because only an angel could reign in Hell, and Charlie was half-angel. After rescuing little Charlie, Lucifer had realized that he needed to return to the underworld, lest it happened again. And he had left. He had left her.

Chloe shook her head. Of course, she couldn't write that on her reports, so the official lie now was that a group of fanatics from a secret cult had committed suicide. No one was likely to dig much deeper in this case. It meant too much paperwork and dead ends, and loads of things that didn't add up unless the unfortunate curious cop knew one simple truth: Heaven and Hell were real.

Her phone beeped, telling her it was already 3 o'clock on a Friday morning. This was her limit. If she stayed up any longer, she wouldn't be able to be at her best the next day, and she didn't want to take a sick day as that would mean spending time alone at home with nothing to do but think about recent events. She much rather the distractions of a new case, or even just finishing those damn reports, but in a couple of hours; she needed rest now.

She redid her ponytail and decided to go home. She stood up and took her jacket, phone, and keys when her phone started to vibrate. It was an unknown number very late at night —or early in the morning, depending on the person's life choices.

"Decker," she answered.

"Detective Decker?" Officer Lance said on the other side on the line, "I'm Officer Lance."

Chloe stopped dead on her tracks and frowned. If this was about a new case, it would ruin her plans of getting some rest, but it would give her the distraction she so needed.

"I have a girl in a hospital downtown," the officer continued, "We think she might have been tortured."

She waited for more, but the officer ended her sentence there. If the girl was at the hospital, there was no dead body, so there was no case for her then. "I'm sorry to hear that, officer," Chloe said, "But I'm Homicide. Why are you calling me?"

"Well, because she won't talk to us," Officer Lance said, "But she told us she's looking for her brother: Lucifer."

Chloe breathed deeply upon hearing his name.

"That's your partner, isn't it?" Officer Lance asked, "Lucifer Morningstar?

"Yeah, yeah," she finally blurted out.

She did not remember any conversation about any other siblings apart from the one she had met: Amenadiel. She didn't know if Lucifer had a sister, and she certainly didn't know why she was there. Her encounters with celestials and immortals had not always worked out so well. Between Cain and demons, she had already had her fill with non-humans with bad intentions. Not knowing what Lucifer's so-called sister wanted made her anxious.

"I'll be there in ten minutes. Keep her there," she said.

"You got it," Officer Lance said, ending the call.

Detective Decker stayed there for a second, wondering two things: was that girl really Lucifer's sister? In which case, why was this angel looking for the Devil here on Earth?