Chapter 9

"Aghhh! You'll pay for that! Where do you think you're going?!"

I looked around to see him getting up off the floor and took that as my motivation to run faster. I was not feeling the wrath of Hunter today. Tomorrow maybe, today no. I bolted in the direction towards what I thought was the girls bathrooms. I had never been down this part of the school but I wasn't about to turn around. They were in sight and as I spun myself around the corner I ran straight into a solid surface. As I regathered myself I looked up to see not a hard surface but a very angry Josh.

"Well, what have I gotten myself into?" Josh or Hunter that is the question who can I stand less. Nope. Why is that even a question?

"What is your problem Sam!?"

"Don't know what you're talking about. Now move." I went to walk around him but he had other I ideas as he moved in front of me blocking my way. "Not today Sam."

"Josh if you don't get out of my way I swear to god you'll regret it." I looked around and Hunter was only metres away except he had stopped running. He was leaning against the wall looking at us bickering, with a slight look of boredom on his face. I gave him a look of confusion as he just shrugged his shoulders, "See princess, the chase is the fun part. No fun in me catching you when you ain't trying to get away now is there."

"Josh get out of my way."

"No."

"I will make you move Josh, so I suggest you move yourself before I move you for me."

"She will do it. Damn if she has the balls to make me move she'll certainly do it to a loser like you." I looked behind me and raised my eyebrows with a smile of satisfaction on my face. "Move."

At that Josh moved out of my way but not before he said something, "You're going the wrong way."

What's that supposed to mean? Looking at him confused he nods towards the bathrooms, "The mens bathroom Sam."

"Whoops."

Now what do I do? I could go through the boys bathroom and climb through a window.  No maybe not.  Looking around a seen a large door just over from the toilets. "Where does that door go?"

"Well you'll find out if you go, won't you..."

We god has me damned. The mystery door or the boys toilets? One has to be worse than the other, it's just a matter of choosing the one that is better. Can't be that hard. Wrong.

"Well here goes nothing.  Bye Josh!"

At that I bolted past the toilets towards the door.  I grabbed the handle and ripped the door open.  I'm screwed.  The janitors closet really!?

"Haha, see Princess this is why you shouldn't run from me.  I always get what I want and you, you just happen to be what I want next."

I scrunched up my face and looked him in the eyes, "Why me?"

"You see Sam, ever since the day I first met you I can't stop thinking about you.  That day you fell at my feet running... You looked like you'd seen a ghost -" is he serious right now?

"Answer the question Knight."

"That's exactly why I want you princess.  You think you're better than me, you think you can talk down on me and get away with it. I run this place and I ain't having no newbie think otherwise!"

I mentally slap him in the face and scoff. Is he having me on?  He thinks I want to run this place, haha you're mad. "Knight you are so wrong ther-"

This time it was different than last time.  It wasn't gentle and he didn't act like he cared. I was now pinned up against the back wall of the janitors closet with my wrists held securely over my head.  I look him in the eye and something flicked, his eyes got darker and the grip on my wrists tightened, they were definitely going to bruise. 

"Get off me."

"You see when I say I run this place, I also mean I run the people in it. It drives me insane that I don't effect you the way I effect all the other girls-"

"You mean all you're side pieces, Mr Bad Boy?"

His body slammed against mine as I felt a tear roll down my cheek, "Don't interrupt me when I'm talking princess."

"How can you still call me princess?! You're hurting me!"

Next thing you know his hand slides across my face and I'm left with a throbbing pain in my face along with a red raw handprint. "I said don't interrupt me!" I slid down to the floor and brought my knees up to my chest as another tear rolls down my raging cheek.

Scared. If some one was to ask me how I was feeling right now, that would be the word I would say. I haven't been this scared since I lost Rachel. Those were dark times and I went down a dark place that I thought I'd never made it out of.  I was sitting in front of a monster.  A monster that wasn't finished yet.

"Don't cross me Sam.  You don't want to know what happens to people that cross me."

I just sat there. Listening. I was too shocked in everything that had just happened I didn't know what to say.

"Get up."

Standing up he offered his hand as I stumbled towards the door, crossing my arms over my chest. What a physcopath.  Imagine abusing someone and then offering you're hand to help them. He opened the door and walked out into the hall.

"We're going to the den to see everyone else."

I just nodded and followed him along the corridor. I was in no means ready to start a fight with the already angry Hunter. Not today, not ever do I want to see that side of Hunter again.  We were walking along the third corridor on the top floor as we reached a set of stairs.  How ironic the school's bad body had the school's attic turned into a den for him and his gang.  Why didn't I think of that?

"Hurry up. Don't just stand there."

I shuffled towards the ladder hanging from the ceiling.  Have I mentioned that I have a fear of ladders?  I haven't, well now would be a good time. I have a fear of ladders.  How I hear you ask. I have no idea. Just hate the things. Now I had to climb up one to go somewhere I didn't want to go.  Great.