Chapter 16

The past few days were surprisingly tolerable. The chances of my internship becoming a permanent job at the hotel seemed very realistic. The new HR manager was substantially more co-operative than the previous one Mrs. June. And Vandermir, on the other hand, well I never really saw him much around but at times when I did I always saw him glaring at me. He always looked so intense, and his gaze on me was constantly harsh and angry. Honestly, I never understood why, maybe it was because I sneezed on him before? But, I doubt it was because of that, if Adrian Vandermir held a grudge against me because of that silly mistake then what kind of a man is he really? I never really got to meet anyone else. Besides being around with Lissa, I occasionally saw Finny who only met up with me once just to say hi. And, well, I always saw Donnie who always winked and me whenever he passed. Ricardo, on the other hand, I hardly ever saw. It was almost hard to believe that two weeks had already gone since I started working in the hotel.

Throwing on my grey shirt top and black skinny jeans which could pass for a dress pants hopefully and not to mention my dark pumps I was practising to walk in, I left the house. Upon arriving at the hotel, as I was walking in, I saw Vandermir coming out. Stopping in front of me, he glared at my outfit.

Huh, maybe I shouldn’t have worn the jeans today.

He held that grim look on his face.

“Can’t you smile for once?” I asked as he brought his endless grey eyes upon mine still plastering that bitter look of his.

“Get out of my way.” He stated.

What a swine he was, there was another door yet I had to move to let him through. Oh, how I wanted to tell him off but I held myself back.

Think professional Greene, don’t flip.

Forcefully, I moved to the side but he also did.

Didn’t he just tell me to move? Then why did he move?

I moved back to where I was but apparently he did the same as well. I hoped he didn’t think I was spitefully doing this.

“This is so childish.” He muttered angrily as he found his way out the door.

Despite that incident my day continued quite well, when I was on my break I munched on a granola bar and talked to the receptionist girl Sasha. She wasn’t that bad really, always with her weird jokes and crazy stories. I saw Adrian again at that moment walking forward, he looked imminently displeased with me. What’s wrong with him? Why was he always looking at me like that? That guy should seriously do some yoga or something.

“Greene, we need to talk. Now.” He said as he walked past me.

Okay, what? Why did he need to talk to me? Obediently, I followed behind him as he went up the stairs and into a small room.

“Close the door.” He stated.

“Umm…..alright.” I replied as I complied with his request.     

He walked closer to me with his dark atmosphere and gloomy eyes. He was so near to me I could even smell the scent of his rich aftershave. His eyes flickered a bit as he looked at me, studied me.

“This isn’t working out Greene.” He continued as he looked away although it seemed like he forced himself to do so.

“Excuse me?”

“You being here. Working here.”  

Wait. Was he….? No way…I don’t understand, I didn’t even do anything wrong.

“You’re firing me?” I asked unbelievably yet he didn’t bother replying.

It was true. All my hard work here, didn’t it mean anything? Just when I thought this man had a heart he….he proved otherwise. I didn’t want to ask him the reason why he was doing this, my ego didn’t want to, all I wanted to do right now was slam a lamp in his face but logic and maturity told me otherwise. One thing was sure though, I wasn’t going to cry about this, there were other jobs out there but I needed to know the reason why he was doing this to me. I needed an answer even though I hated the mere sight of him right now.