Chapter 5

Running out the door at the side, I dragged myself down into a sitting position when I felt my face becoming damp.

No, no. Juliet Greene does not cry.

I just hated this feeling, I hated feeling powerless and weak. No man had the right to keep me locked up in his place no matter how gorgeous he was. His personality was the worst of it all, how dare he just demand me like that. I'm not some object he could buy nor am I a dog he could command. I had to get out of here. I tried getting up but realized that I was on a balcony, I'd be dead if I jumped off there. And I couldn't just walk out the door, those other men would stop me. What on earth did I do to get myself in a situation like this? I just shrunk myself back down on the floor resting my head on my knees hopelessly wishing this was a bad dream I'd wake up from.

I had dozed off, but it wasn't morning yet. The dark blanket still covered the sky above. It was almost as if it was taunting me. Urgh, when would this night end? The icy wind grazed my skin almost like it was scraping my flesh off. Maybe I should go back inside. I'm only torturing myself with my stubbornness out here. Quietly, I opened the door, no one was there. It was so quiet that you could hear a needle drop. I smelt the thick rich aroma of coffee. I hated coffee actually, it was so bitter and tasteless. Even though I knew I could have sweetened it to my liking, it was still never my thing. Besides, I love my sleep, why would I want to deprive myself of it? Strangely I hated drinking it but I actually liked the smell, it was intoxicatingly alluring. I sat at the window seat near the living area, the city was so pretty at night. The lights were so radiant.

My body suddenly ached so badly I wondered if I had some kind of internal bleeding going on. The pain kept intensifying and I just felt so shrivelled and dried up. I needed water. I sure wasn't going to suffocate myself in this place like this. Standing up, I went to the kitchen pouring myself a big glass of water. It almost looked like something so unfamiliar to me, it just felt like forever before I drank it as well. The liquid slushed down my throat like I was desperately in need of it. As I walked back to my window seat I bumped into someone.

"Do you walk with your eyes closed?" I heard that icy voice stab at me.

"Would it kill you to be nice to me?" I shot back ignoring his warning from before.

He simply ignored me and walked into the living area. I wasn't going to be captive here with some sort of sociopathic maniac.

"Why do I even have to be here anyway?" I muttered as I walked behind him.

Turning around he aimed a wicked smile towards me, "Because I want something from you."

"Excuse me?"

"In that pretty little head of yours." He said as he pointed his finger to the side of my head.

"I'm not giving you anything." I firmly stated, inhaling for composure.

As he neared me I fell back onto the sofa, there was such a menacing look on his face. He suddenly leaned in on me caging me in with his arms on either sides of the couch. For a moment I didn't know how to react, I felt like I was frozen. No one ever came so close to me before. And to think it was over, to think he reached his limit. He didn't. Taking his right hand off the couch handle he trailed his long elegant fingers along my face, slowly yet so artistically downwards. I felt this odd sensation at the pit of my stomach as he did that, my heated blood twisted into a tight knot. I almost felt breathless. Everything about him was graceful in appearance, elegant yet torturing. My body tensed as he touched my chest, still he kept dragging his fingers downward until he reached the button on my shirt- his shirt. Oh God, what's he doing? Suddenly, I felt even stiffer when he undid it. Run away Julie, kick him off you. But no matter how much I wanted to kick him I couldn't, he caged me in pinning me down, I was unable to move. Or maybe I could move but all this was so new to me I didn't know how to fight this off. I tightened my eyes as he undid the second button. God. Suddenly, I felt a sharp pain from my neck. He stood up from me holding out my chain I had around my neck. No, that's the last thing I had to remember my entire family by.