Chapter 10

I told myself that nothing could spoil my day today. I would try to be nicer, to everyone. That was the only way I would survive being here, even if it means trying not to snap back. I was putting myself in a position that was foreign to me, but I’ll try. When I got up I realized that Adrian had already gotten up and was probably taking a shower.

Alright Greene, be nicer to him. How to do that?

An idea struck me. Bribe him. Vandermir likes sweet things right? So how about I make something for him….breakfast. Hmm….what’s sweet? Oh yes, pancakes. And I’ll even make a dark chocolate syrup for it. And put some fruits on the side because I realized he liked to ‘balance things out’. I prepared it as swiftly as I could and set the table for him. As I was about to knock on the door, almost on cue, he opened it.

“Good morning.” I smiled sweetly as I batted my eyelashes in the more angelic way possible.

He looked at me with an arched eyebrow, “Are you sick?”

“No, I’m fine. Look, I’ve made breakfast for you.” I said as we walked towards the table and pushed him down on the chair while I took a seat next to him to talk.

“Why aren’t you eating?” I asked as I realized he was looking at me.

“Do you want to see a doctor?”

“Excuse me?”

 “I mean to ask, have you been tested? You aren’t bipolar are you?” he quizzed as he raised his eyebrow again.

Keep calm Juliet, there is nothing to get mad about. He’s just doing it to irritate you.

Forcefully smiling back at him I replied unable to control myself, “Why don’t you just shut up and eat sweetheart.”

He said nothing but softly chuckle at me. Suddenly I heard a knock on the door.

“Get it.” Adrian said as he took a bite of the pancake.

Did he just command me?

Trying my best not to get mad at him I walked towards the door, “You could’ve said please.” I mumbled as I opened the door to see Finny standing there.

 “Hi Juliet,” he said as he walked in and asked, “Oh wow! You made pancakes Adrian?”

“No, my lovely little guest here did.” He replied with his signature smirk, “You should get one of these things Finny.”

Things? I wasn’t a thing! That bastard.

I knew what he was trying to do, he was trying to make me slip up. No way, no way am I doing that. Try all you want Vandermir but it won’t work.

“Oh this is tasty,” Finny smiled as he took the pancake Adrian had in his fork and put it in his own mouth.

It was a bit disturbing actually, do guys do that? Do grown men do that? I do that with Jenna and Nina but they were my sisters. It was kind of gross seeing Finny do that. And weren’t guys like stingy when it came to their own food? Huh, what do I know? I’ve never really been too much concerned with guys and relationships in my life, it was just family problems and studying for me. Don’t get me wrong though, I knew how nasty men could be, and I knew right from wrong and Dick from Dora. I knew how cruel and unfair the world could be, how painful it is to lose the ones you love and how hard it was to make a living. So ask me if I ever been in a relationship…no, but ask me if I ever sent a guy to the hospital for making fun of my little sister…yes.

“Aren’t you going to eat Juliet?” Finny asked.

“No, I’m not that hungry yet.” I replied as I walked back inside to take a shower.