i am tasting it (!)

They had all agreed to go for some wine tasting, they thought it would be nice to let loose and spend some quality time together before Christmas came along and made it all too hectic to really enjoy each other.

"Are we going to pretend we know what we're doing or what?" Niall raises his eyebrow at them, he wasn't too sure about this. He had offered to take them to a bar instead but they all said no.

"We do know what we're doing." Maura laughs at his son. "All we have to do is taste the wine."

"Not a wine kind of guy." He mumbles under his breath, he was craving a beer or a fruity drink. He looks around the place seeing people in line waiting to get seated as well, he crosses his arms over his chest and huffs. He feels someone stand behind him way too close for his comfort, he looks over his shoulder and sees Harry smirking down at him. "I need my space, move back."

"You're being such a whiny baby." Bobby scolds him. "Stop it or you'll go on time out."

Niall turns bright red at that, he couldn't believe his father had said that out loud in front of fifty people. He shoots Harry a glare when he hears him stifle a laugh. "That wasn't funny—"

"Niall!? Ha! I knew I'd recognize that voice."

"Bressie!" Niall grins, he quickly walks over to him and pulls him in for a tight hug. "It's been so long." He mumbles against his chest.

"Yeah, quite some time." He cups his face and presses a kiss on his forehead. "Still gorgeous I see."

Niall throws his head back in laughter giving him a light shove. "You're wine tasting as well?" He smirks.

"Got dragged here by my parents." He rolls his eyes. "You?" He looks behind Niall and sees an angry looking lad.

"I'm here with the family." He pulls him towards them. "Bressie is here!" He cheers making Gemma giggle.

"Son!" Bobby gasps. "Come here and give your father a hug." He opens his arms.

"Dad, that's weird." Greg chuckles.

"Aw missed you." Bressie ruffles Greg's hair and goes to hug Bobby. "He's only upset I'm your favorite son."

"Course you are." Bobby laughs. "Have you gotten taller?" He teases.

"No, I think I've gotten shorter." He jokes. "Maura, what a beauty you are!" He turns to the small woman who had a bright smile on her face, he leans down to kiss her cheek.

"It's lovely to see you." She giggles. "This is Anne, Gemma, and Harry by the way. Harry and Niall are best friends."

"Nice meeting you all, I'm Bressie." He gives them a polite smile.

"Nice to meet you too." Anne returns the smile.

"You should join us." Bobby smiles.

"I suppose I can, hope you don't mind my parents tagging along as well." Bressie slings his arm over Niall's shoulder.

"Of course not, love." Maura looks between her son and him.

"I'll be right back. Don't miss me too much, baby." Bressie kisses Niall's temple before he leaves.

Soon they're being seated and Niall finds himself between an overly excited Bressie and a surprisingly silent Harry. "Did you search up how to properly taste wine?" He asks his mate when he sees him swirling the drink in the glass.

"I did, there's steps." He raises his eyebrows. "Look, smell, taste, and think."

"Think? Think about what?" Niall chuckles out.