49. |Luca's confession.|

Start from the beginning

"Stop the car." I said.

"What, why?" He asked.

"Just stop the car." My tone got higher.

"Ok, i'm stopping." He said as he parked the car at the side of the road.

"Thanks for the ride." I said bluntly and opened the door.

But he was quicker than me and locked the car.

"What the fuck!" I yelled.

"Anna please don't do this." He pleaded. I could hear the pain in his voice.

No, Anna remember what he did to you.

"Luca." I said sternly.

"Please." He said.

I did not respond to him. He sighed and said "at least let me drop you."

I thought and it has been so many years. Maybe if i talk to him, i could move on from him. Maybe then my heart will open up for someone else.

"Let's talk." I said as my voice cracked.

"Huh?"

"I said let's talk. But not in here i need fresh air."

He drove to battery park. It was late so there was not many people.

I sat on the bench and looked at the beautiful view of the sea.

I sighed.

"So?" I asked in a small voice.

In real, i want to scream and yell out loud and ask him why just why.

"I know i messed up." He said and i cut him off.

"You did." I chuckled bitterly.

He gulped audibly before starting "When your mom passed away, you stopped coming out and i know that it was for you and your dad best. I also spent most of my time in my apartment or at home. I stopped going out as well. I could not enjoy my day knowing that my love is in pain and sorrow." I laughed humourlessly at the word love.

"As me and my friends had just finished high school, and soon going to college they had arranged a small get together. I had told them that i would not come but they compelled me, they told me you would be there. I tried to call you a few times but you did not answer. They succeeded into bringing me to the party. I waited for you. I was really excited as i would have meet you after two months where there won't be our parents. I waited for you. They made me had a few drinks. A few later increased to much more. And you know that i can't handle alcohol that well. I don't really know clearly what happened next but i thought that you came to the party and brought me back to my aprtment and then we had sex. But when i woke up, i saw you standing at the door tears falling from your eyes is when i realised what happened. I came to your house but you refused to see me. I called you and texted you but you never replied. Each time i came to meet you, the maids told me you did not want to see me and the guards forced me out of your house. I tried to sneak in as well but your house had high security. A few months later, i got to know that you moved to new york. I came to new york to meet you."

What? He never came to new york.

I looked at him confusion clear on my face.

"The day I came to new york, Allesandro told me you were out with your friends. I saw charles and i asked him if he knew where were you. He gave me the address of the restaurant you went to. I went there and as i was driving through the alley, i saw you making out with a guy. I followed you two and you went to his apartment. I got angry. I went to a bar and had a one night stand. I stayed in new york for a few more months, you started dating other guys and that made me more angry. I started sleeping around. As i was furious with you i did not even wanted to talk."

My tears were falling freely. I looked at him and his tears was falling also.

God he thought he slept with me.

"I swear on my family Anna i was not enjoying when you were sad. I also kept myself away from everything. The only once, i went out, i fucked up." He sighed and got up.

He stood near the railing.

"A betrayal is still a betrayal, Luca." I said as i stood beside him.

"Yeah."

"But as much as you betrayed me, i also betrayed you."

I don't even know what to do. All of this is so messed up and fuck!

"I am sorry Anna, i realised the truth, which is that i still love you... i was angry seeing you in someone else's arm. But after i could not stand seeing you with another one. I got jealous of anyone who was close to you. My love never lessen for you. It always increased. I used women to try to forget you. But i was unsucessful." He confessed.