Chapter 5

Lectures, labs, assignments and so on... Days are passing and I am just trying to figure out the flow of this river, a river of my life.
I spend most of my time with Ben, his name is Benjamin Ross. He treats me like his own daughter, I don't know much about his family yet, he never talks about them neither he asks me anything about mine. The best thing about him is, he is never judgmental about anything or anyone, always polite, all he is concerned for these pretty flowers, he calls them his babies. He never laughs much, or I have never seen him laughing, he tells me that the greatest things in the world are these trees and plants. He says these plants are the only best thing ever happened to this planet. There is a huge tree, right in the middle of the garden near the parking lot, where we first met, Ben always sits under the shadow of this tree, his eyes always try to find something in this tree, I don't know what it is, but whenever he looks at the tree, the pain in his lost eyes brings pain to my chest. His bloodshot eyes tell a different story.

I am getting used to this college life, day after day things are getting easy. At least I don't have to live under the same roof with my father. Veronica is busy with her new friends she invited me to the parties and all other stuff like shopping for the freshmen day, prom night blah blah, but I refused to join them. Rest of the week went well and I didn't face anything special. I continued to help ben in gardens, he appreciates my baking skills basically he liked the cookies I made for him and myself. I have noticed a few people calling me " miss seattle " like stuff but I chose to ignore them, Nick also tried to approach many times in the parking lot but I tried my best to ignore him. Everyone is obsessed with the idea of prom night, girls are busy in their manicure, dresses and shoes, on the other hand, boys are fighting as the number of boys is almost double than the number of girls, well, girls are in demand, sort of a Do-Or-Die situation it is now. It's funny because girls are taking full advantage of this. Veronica has got the date and she is going with Jake, Jake is in our class and he is a very funny guy, well they both are like each other and I am super happy for her. He is some times rude towards me, especially the times when he explains to me that the boys are fighting to go on the prom with me, thanks to God that he knows me a little bit, so he shouts only in front of me, he is smart too, he does that just to tease me.

14 August

I have always loved the idea of growing plants and watching them in silence, admiring the nature is the best thing for me and for Ben as well.
" I have never seen your friends," ben asked me about my friends, well usually he never asks me anything about my friends and family, we exchange our thoughts on the ozone layer and deforestation,
" umm, they are busy,... I guess, oh yeah, they are busy for the prom and preparation stuff, " I answered.

" so you found your date? "

" No! I am not going to ruin my weekend for prom, "

"Why?, I mean you are a pretty girl, and I have seen a bunch of boys wandering around you,  " so Ben knows about the things I was facing, yeah they were probably hitting on me but I am least interested to crash at a party again, I never understand what is this stuff with girls like they are always so obsessed with these parties, for me, it's the last thing I would choose. I am sick, literally sick of dressing up and showing off.

" I have something important to do, that's why I am not going" I replied with a soft smile.

" oh! So look there, right next to the corridor, that boy is continuously looking at you for the last fifty minutes, I guess he is waiting for you, " the moment I turned to see, look here 'the gym boy' what his name is, umm, Nick, yeah Nick, oh yes, he is looking at me, I mean at us, I don't know what is wrong with this boy, why he always trying to talk to me.
Oh, so! Now he is heading towards us, gosh. What is wrong with Ben, why is he going out, leaving me with Nick?

" Hey " Nick greets me,

" Hi " I am trying my best to be polite with him.

" How are you? "

" I'm fine, what about you? " why is he looking nervous,

" I am good, I.. I wanted to ask you if.. If you have some time, would you like to have coffee with me? "

"Oh! Well, umm, actually I am about to get home and my clothes are full of dirt, " okay! So he is here for coffee, that's not bad. At least he is not acting weird like other boys with prom proposals.

" Oh, yeah, I totally understand, what about dinner? " so he is stubborn too,

"Um, okay" I agreed, that's strange.

"Perfect, ill pick you up at 7:30," he smiled,

"Sure "

***