Chapter 2

6 August 2014

" Third day, I wish these four years would bring something good to my life," I tell to my self and crossed the date of 5th August on calendar lying near my bed, on a beautiful wooden study table. I grab my clothes from the closet and rushed towards the bathroom. It's 8 AM and my first class starts at 9, I grabbed my stuff quickly after the shower and it's already 8:30, "Gosh! I hate being late ". I jumped into my car and thinking "Although I am alone in the house I am feeling better, at least better than those 18 years and 6 months which I spend with my family". This was the first time when I tasted freedom. My phone beeps and I saw a message from my mother " I miss you, sweety ". I reached the college just 5 minutes before the first class, I was running towards the room which is really far from the parking lot, it usually takes 10minutes by walk so I decided to run. While running, I realised that I didn't dry my wet hair and I can feel wetness on my hips. Within two seconds when I reached the main corridor, all of a sudden a boy came from I don't know where, and we both crashed. "Ouch!" I yell. My head is hurt, man! The bones of this person must be so strong it felt something like wood when my head hit his chest, I am completely blank, embarrassed and don't want to look at him. I can feel his eyes on me but I am not interested to look at him and I know it's my mistake I was running like a mad, I rushed towards the ground to collect my stuff. " I.. I am sorry, I was in a hurry..are you okay?" He says and rushed to help me, I see water droplets on his plain white t-shirt because of the collision and my wet hair, I didn't reply and without looking at him, I rushed towards my classroom.
The professor is already in class, I silently entered into the room and sit next to Veronica. I was not able to concentrate on class, I was continuously thinking about the boy, "I was so rude, I didn't even look at him" I tell myself.
" Hey, I thought you are not coming today," Veronica asked.
" Yeah, I forgot to set my alarm last night" I replied and tried to focus on the professor. Veronica is kind and very friendly but she talks too much, in the first four lectures she was continuously bothering the professors with her silly questions. She has made many friends in just two days and she talks to everyone in the class, maybe her friendly nature is appealing to everyone. So I decided to keep a distance as I cannot be so friendly like her. Neither I feel comfortable, nor I am as friendly as she is.
During break time I was sitting outside the coffee shop with a large cold-coffee in my hand. It's a half-day today, due to some college freshers day preparation which is going to be on 15th August, it's like a freshers party so I went towards the parking lot. "Miss Seattle" I heard. I turned around and there was a boy, he was coming towards me and I realised he is the same one I collided with. "Oh God " I fumble. "Hey! " he said. " Hi, I am sorry, it was an accident I didn't mean to hit you intentionally and I am so sorry for your t-shirt.," I told him, my voice was so soft that I can see the expressions on his face, his light blue eyes are so tempting that I got lost into them. His pupils dilated after listening to my voice, He took a step towards me and said "I know, I came to say sorry I thought you got hurt on your forehead and you must be angry from me, you didn't even reply or looked at me", he stopped while looking into my eyes. " sorry for the morning, how do you know about Seattle, I mean you called me 'miss Seattle'? " I asked him after tearing my eyes from his deep ocean-like eyes. " Oh! Yeah! I saw your number plate and I mean it's written on it 'Seattle' the area code." He replied and smiled softly before he could ask anything I nodded and jumped into the car. I am worst with words, I get confused when it comes to talking with strangers. I couldn't think about anything else throughout the 25-minute to my house. His ocean-like eyes, thick accent, tall and muscular physique, everything was so tempting, so appealing. I have never seen anyone so attractive in my life, his thick accent is repeating in my ears again and again.