Chapter 9

"It's nice to finally meet you Mr Jauregui." I said offereing my hand to shake. He grinned and brought me in a bear hug. 

"It's Mike, Y/N." I laughed and agreed to call him by his first name.

"Lauren she's so much prettier than the pictures." Clara exclaimed hugging me.  Realeasing me from the hug Clara let us in and brought our bags to Lauren's room. Then out came the other Jauregui children. 

"Oh my gosh! Hi it's so nice to finally meet you. I'm Taylor. Huge fan by the way." Taylor greeted excitedly. 

"Thank you, it's great to meet you too." 

After saying hi to Taylor, Chris gave me a fist bump and said hi as well. Lauren then wrapped her arms around my waist from behind and let her chin rest on my shoulder while the others helped set up dinner I insisted on helping but Mike told Lauren to restrain me since I was their guest. Not gonna lie though, I didn't mind being restrained by Lauren like this. "I told you they love you." she whispered in my ear. I nodded and gave her a quick peck.

By the time I managed to break free from Lauren's hold they had already finished setting up and high fived each other. I huffed and tried to contain my smile. Mike, Lauren and Clara sat on one side of the table while I sat in between Taylor and Chris on the other side, facing Lauren. As soon as I took the first bite I was in food heaven. God how I missed a good home cooked meal from mum, but Clara's cooking was a close second and I loved it. I'm pretty sure they all noticed cause I could hear the giggles coming from all them, including Lauren.

"So Y/N you're going to be spending christmas with your family back home?" Clara asked.

"Yeah. I'm gonna fly back the night before christmas eve."

"So we only have a few days to interigate you huh?" Mike asked. At first I thought he was joking but from the tone of his voice and his facial expression he wasn't. I gulped evidenetly before Clara playfully smacked him on his arm. "what? I was just joking with her." he put his hands up. We all laughed at Mike and of course my nervousness.

"No but in all seriousness, Y/N what are your intentions with our daughter?"

"Geez way to be such a cliche dad." Taylor said. My heart was beating ten times faster, everyoen at the dinner table was waiting for my answer, Lauren too. before answering Mike's question I looked at Lauren who was smiling and mouthed, 'you've got this'. I kept eye contact with Lauren and smiled.

"To make her happy." I answered the first honest thing that came to mind. Short and straight to the point. I like to think sometimes less is more. I'm actually hoping this is the right situation though cause I can't take back what I just said. Not that I would though. Lauren's smile grew and I felt her leg brush against mine. She wasn't playing footsies, but just giving me some contact since we weren't next to each otherto hold hands.

I finally broke eye contact with Lauren to look at Mike. "I like this kid." he said and all my nerves dissapered. The rest of dinner went smoothly talking about plans for my work and Lauren's. Turns out Lauren also has plans to hang out with her friends at a Christmas eve party and really wanted me to come along to meet them. But since I'm already going to be back in Australia, that's not gonna happen.

We were lying in bed, Lauren's head resting on my chest as I ran my fingers through her hair softly. "I wish you'd be here for Christmas. Or at least Christmas eve so you can meet everyone." she said looking up at me.

"You really want me to meet them huh?" I playfully laughed.

"Of course. You're an important part of my life Y/N." she said sincerely. Yes! Progress has been made.