Chapter 8

4 months later

Finally December came round and we all had a month off from the tour, Rachel went back to Australia early to spend as much time as she could with her family. I on the other hand was flying out to Miami to see my beautiful girlfriend and I'll be back home just in time for Christmas to see my family, seeing as it was only a week away. I just couldn't let this opportunity slip pass and not spend as much time as I could with Lauren.

These past four months Lauren and I have been solid, still keeping our relationship under wraps however. I remember the first time I suprised her, we were staying in London for two nights, thankfully we only had a show on the second night, so I flew to New York, where the girls were and spent the day with Lauren. AKA possibly the best day of my life.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

It had been just over a month since we were in Miami and I haven't been this excited to see anyone in forever. But the thoguht of seeing Lauren, even just for a few hours or maybe even the day if I'm lucky just made me feel all mushy like. Rachel and Scooter both didn't want me to fly to New York since we have a show tomorrow night and I'd only be getting a few hours of sleep before hand. But they knew how important she was to me and let me go anyway.

The girls were doing a recording for the Good Morning show and performed Sledgehammer, my personal jam at the moment. I hadn't told Lauren that I was coming to see her as it would obviously defeat the purpose of said suprise. But since the other girls were so supportive of our relationship they helped me devise a full proof plan. When I say full proof plan, I mean they'd help keep her busy so I could sneak up behind her and scare her, I mean clearly I'm the obvious romantic in our relatinoship.

I also hadn't replied back to any of her texts today because I thoguht it would make more of an impression in the whole suprise department. As I made my way towards Lauren, who had her back facing me the girls were all playing their part.

"Guys I'm being serious. Y/N hasn't repleid to one of my texts." Lauren explained, a little worried about the situation.

"Don't worry Lauren, I'm sure she's probably busy with something." Normani said.

"Yeah, didn't she say she had a bunch of interviews or something today?" Ally asked. I didn't, but I told Lauren otherwise.

"Yeah, she does."

"Girl why you so worried all of the sudden?" Dinah asked just after she made eye contact with me, making sure not to look too long.

"Cause I love her and I'm acting all weird" Those simple words made me stop in my tracks, made the girls eyes widen and jaws dropped. Looks like we were all suprised with what Lauren said. "why do you guys look so suprised? You already know this." oh well apparently they weren't suprised by the same reason I am. It may be because I'm standing right behind Lauren, here to suprise her when I'm pretty sure the suprise is on me. It's a good suprise though, definitely a good suprise. 

"You love me?" I finally managed to speak causing Lauren to quickly turn around and face me, eyes wide  and cheeks lfushing red. The girls all descreetly shuffled out of the room and lef tthe two of us alone. Lauren eventually was pulled out of her shock like trance and just nodded. My smile widened, I closed the distance and kiss her with both of my hands on her cheeks.

"I love you too." I breathed out  after we broke for air, our foreheads lightly resting on each others.

"What are you doing here?" she asked, the smile evident through her voice. I kissed her on her forhead and brought her in for a hug, my arms wrapped around her waist while her's were around my neck.