It's a pregnancy thang!!! - Completed.

Ashliegh was traveling to the next town and hoping she could find work and a place to stay.  Well till she delivered her baby.  At that point she simply didn't know what she was going to do.  As hard as she tried tears started trickling down her cheeks again.  If it hadn't been for that bastard she wouldn't be in this situation and wouldn't have had to leave town.  Thanks to him she had a baby on the way, hardly any money, and the car she was driving gave beaters a bad name.

At the last gestation it almost didn't start and if it hadn't been for the kindly old man who ran the place she would have been screwed.  He had warned her that the car was on its last legs and the legs were beyond dead.  She had assured him that she was just going to the next down and would be fine there.  Now she had the fun of driving in a pounding rain that her wipers couldn't keep up with.  They had one speed – slow and didn't keep up with the amount of rain.

As she was driving along the engine sputtered and her first thought was she had run out of gas but when she checked she still had some.  Suddenly the engine sputtered again and all the lights blinked off and then on.  They were dimmer than before and a grinding noise was coming from under the hood.  Now the tears were really starting to flow and she could feel the tension in her belly.  The Braxton-Hicks contraction started again and she barely made it to a cutout on the side of the road.  Almost as soon as she pulled off the engine died and the lights dimmed even further.

"Oh damn it I don't need this.  What did I do to deserve this?"  She held onto the wheel as she rested her head on it and sobbed out her frustration.  Her car was dead, she had an unwanted child in her stomach from an asshole who had taken pleasure in forcing her to have sex with him.  She was only shortly out of high school but had been forced to take a year off to try and save some money up for college.  Short term she had been planning on the local community college and then he happened.  When he had discovered she was pregnant he had coldly told her to get rid of the baby since he wasn't going to be stuck with child support. 

As she was crying she didn't realize the contractions seemed to be getting worse.  All she could focus on at the moment was how miserable she was and how she had ended up here.

~~~

Josh and Adam were coming back from an unexpected call for assistance from the next county over.  There had been some cattle mutilations that had been attributed to wild animals but the local Vet hadn't been sure.  Since he knew what Josh was and was a friend of Josh's father he had called for help.  That had gotten the two of them sent out to see what they could find.  The report was going to wait till they made it back to the house since the storm had hit before they had a chance to do more than take a look at the most recent.  With the heavy rain chances were damn good that most if not all the scents were going to be washed away.

"Damn it but it does look like we might have some rogues hanging around.  One or two of the lone wolves have actually called in with suspicions of rogues traveling through."  Adam was Josh's security specialist and beta.  Granted Josh's father was still in charge of the pack and was going strong but he had told Josh to create a team that reported to him and him alone.  It served two purposes.  The first was a solid leadership already trained in case the worst happened and one or both of his parents were killed.  Second a number of the pack duties had been handed over to Josh.

He was in charge of the warriors and physical security of the pack properties.  He also ran security for some of the local businesses the pack owned as well.  There were a number of other jobs but those were the most important ones.  "I know and it concerns me.  A few rogues are always hanging around being problems but this seems to be more than normal.  Thankfully they don't seem to be banding together other than small groups of no more than seven."  He shook his head since now they were going to have to contemplate some search and destroy missions.