Chapter 34: Round 1

Start from the beginning

*Izuku's POV*

I had been taking notes during the entire fight and I was enamoured with both of their quirks. I watched as Kiri helped Tetsutesu up, offering him a hand and seemingly apologizing for putting him in a headlock. It seemed like a very Kirishima thing to do. "He did really well." I heard Shoji comment to Sato. Sato nodded in agreement. The two boys walked off and the crowd waited in anticipation for the next people to take the stage.

"You did really well, Kiri!" I cheered when he came up to the viewing box. Kirishima rubbed the back of his head and looked down at the floor, embarrassed. I laughed at him and looked around the box. Todoroki, Sero, Kacchan and Ochako were all missing since their fights were upcoming. "Moving onto the next match!". I settled down and watched as two of my closest friends walked into the centre of the stadium. "Bakugo will go easy on her, right?" Kaminari asked with a tint of fear in his voice. Both Kyoka and I shook our heads. "Kat never goes easy on me. He says that when we face villains they're not going to go any easier on me just because I don't have a dick." Kyoka commented offhandedly. Iida spluttered and began to chastise Kyoka whilst I laughed.

*Katsuki's POV*

"The next round is between two students from class 1A. We have a hot-headed teen who's got a face only a mother could love, it's Katsuki Bakugo!" when Hizashi introduced me I had to restrain myself from flipping him off. What kind of fucking commentary was that? "Versus a sweet girl who's determination is well placed, Ochako Uraraka!". The crowd cheered for us both. We took our places at opposite ends of the ring, surveying each other before the match could start. "Begin!" Nemuri shouted initiating the match.

As soon as the match started Round face charged at me. She stayed low to the ground which was peculiar, but I didn't have time to question it as she was getting closer. I wasn't going to dodge her advance. I could take her on. She was in my range by that point and I wasn't going to hold back on my explosion. I swung my arm down in an arc and at the highest point, I let my sweat spark up. She didn't get the chance to dodge before my explosion hit her head-on. I heard mumbles from the crowd about how aggressive I was being. I elected to ignore them. They were just a bunch of pussies. If I fight full out against a male, I'm going to fight full out against a female. It's fucking equality.

I saw something in the smoke from my explosion and assuming it was pink cheeks, I directed an explosion at it, but it turned out to just be her overshirt. I felt the hair on the back of my neck prick up, a sign that someone was going to attack me from behind. I whipped around just in time to see round face about to touch me. On instinct, I let off an explosion in her face which caused her to fly backwards and land in a pile a few metres away. I tutted and swiped my hand through the smoke to get a better look at my opponent, only to see she was up once again. I must admit that her tenacity was admirable, but I wasn't going to let her win. I told Icy-hot I was going to win. I even vowed it in my student pledge. There was no way I was letting pink cheeks beat me.

The stadium shook as I let off another explosion in Uraraka's face. She just kept charging, trying to use her quirk on me. Every time she advanced, I just blew her backwards, earning shouts of protest from the crowd. By now the boos I was receiving were getting louder and louder. It was starting to piss me off. "Is that a pro booing in the crowd? If so then you should realize that nobody is going to hold back in the field. Villains aren't going to let female heroes off because they're female. Use your brains. Bakugo is being cautious and isn't holding because he wants to win. This isn't any different than fights which occur every day between heroes and villains!" Shota's voice interrupted the crowd's shouts of disgust. The crowd shut up after that and I couldn't be more thankful. Their boos were fucking annoying.

I saw round face's lips moving, indicating that she was speaking. I strained my ears to hear what she was saying. "Thanks for letting your guard down." I made out from across the ring. I was extremely confused until I saw her put her fingers together and heard the sound of something falling through the air. I looked up and saw hundreds of chunks of concrete falling down upon me in a meteor shower. I was pleasantly surprised that she actually had a tactic, she did a really good job at disguising her intentions. However, a couple of rocks falling down on me was nothing. I raised my left hand in the air and placed my right hand around my wrist to reinforce it. I didn't really want to break my wrist from the force of my explosion. I let off a monumental explosion, which obliterated every single rock and smirked down at Uraraka. She had been blown away by the force of my explosion and was laid on the floor, struggling to stand back up again. "I have to win. I'm sorry. Need to win." I heard her muttering under her breath. It didn't look like she could fight anymore. When she finally managed to stand up again she swayed on her feet, there was no way I was fighting her in the state which she was in. It wouldn't be fair on her. Plus its boring fighting people who are weakened, they barely put up a fight. Uraraka collapsed on the floor in front of me, her fingers twitching as she tried to reach out.