Chapter 43: Hero Killer Stain

Third update of the day!

I couldn't get back to sleep after that nightmare. I knew that my lack of sleep would affect me throughout the day, but I couldn't find it in myself to care. For me, the worst kind of nightmares were the memories because I knew they weren't just figments of my imagination. I knew that Hisashi was fully capable of doing the things I saw in my memories because he had already done them. At least with the nightmares that were caused by my overactive imagination, I could convince myself that he would never go that far. But I knew I was lying to myself. Hisashi was a sick, twisted man who would go to any length to make my life a living hell. 

Kacchan and Todoroki both woke up around the same time. It was around 7:30 when they both sat up and started stretching. I ignored them in favour of staring out onto the beautiful cityscape and texting my dad. I had told Shota about my nightmare/ memory over text. He called me almost immediately and made me confirm verbally that I was ok and that if my nightmares got too bad I would wake up Kacchan. I must have reassured him at least 10 times before he was satisfied and hung up. 

After the two boys woke up, we all decided it was best to get dressed into our hero costumes and wait for somebody to come and get us. There was no indication as to what we were supposed to do after we were dressed. Endeavour hadn't said anything the night before and none of us could find any sort of note. We sat and talked for about 30 minutes before one of Endeavour's sidekicks came in and lead us to breakfast. We ate a modest breakfast of eggs and toast in the staff dining hall. It was a bit awkward being surrounded by fully grown adults rambunctiously jesting with one another. I felt tiny. To be honest I was probably the shortest person in the room. I was 156cm tall (5ft 1), I'm sure I would have been considerably taller if I had gotten sufficient food in my early childhood. I didn't really feel like talking, so I just listened in as Kacchan and Todoroki talked to each other. I was surprised that they were getting along so well. They seemed like opposites. But then again, Kacchan and I were opposites. The two boys spoke about all sorts of subjects. Jumping from the best heroes in their opinion to how much of a dick Endeavour was.  I don't think Kacchan could really say much on the subject seeing as he had only met the flame hero the previous day, but he was more than willing to fuel Todoroki's angry rants. 

When we finished breakfast, a different sidekick led us to Endeavour's office, where we encountered the hero staring resolutely at a map. He barely acknowledged us when we entered the room, he just made some vague hand gesture towards the three chairs in front of his desk, presumably telling us to take a seat. When Endeavour was done ogling at his map, he looked up at us and finally directly spoke to us. "Tonight we'll be going out to Hosu again. I've marked down all of the hero killer's crime scenes on this map. As you can see there is no clear pattern to his attack, but we can guess it will be in the general area of either Hosu City Plaza or the shopping district." Endeavour explained gruffly. It was like he didn't want to explain it in the first place, which I doubt he did. I stared down at the map and scanned over the mentioned areas, I was nervous to say anything, but if it stopped a murderer being on the streets than I would speak up. "Umm... Sir? I think he's more likely to attack around the plaza because there are more alleyways and such. Also, the few alleyways around the shopping district are more likely to be used by people taking short cuts than those by the plaza." I whispered. I wasn't sure if he could hear me considering I could barely hear myself but he seemed to get the message. Endeavour appraised his map once more before nodding somewhat reluctantly. "Yes, that makes sense." he grumbled. I could feel Todoroki looking at me with respect. I had just gotten Endeavour to acknowledge me, kind of. He didn't praise me or even look at me, but he had listened to my theory and not shot me down, so that counted for something. We spent the rest of our day being lectured by Endeavour about public safety during villain attacks and how great Todoroki's quirk is.