Chapter 44: Shota & Hizashi

This chapter doesn't really contribute much to the plot, it's just a chapter centring around Aizawa and Yamada. Also, I have never been on a date so I don't know how people feel or what you do, I'm just guessing and going off of what I've read.

*Shota's POV for the last two chapters*

After seeing my class off at the train station, I went back to UA to do some work. All I wanted to do was curl up and sleep, but if I wanted to keep my job, I had to do things. I couldn't help but worry about Izuku. He wouldn't be anywhere near me so I couldn't protect him from Hisashi or comfort him if he had a nightmare. It sounds pathetic, but I was always with Izuku. He rarely slept at other people's houses. Of course, he'd slept at Katsuki's a few times, but other than that, we were always under the same roof. I tried my hardest to reassure myself that Izuku would be fine. As much as I disliked the man, Endeavour was the number 2 hero, if anyone could keep my son safe, I thought it was him.

  "SHOTA!" a familiar voice screeched from across the staff room, making my head snap up from where I was falling asleep. "Tch. Why do you have to be so loud, Hizashi? I'm tired." I whined. Hizashi was the only person who ever heard me speak in such a way. I was usually monotone and serious, but I felt like I could let myself go with Hizashi. I felt like I was free from criticism. I didn't act that way when I was in a relationship with Emi. I did truly love Emi, but we both knew something was missing. There was fuel but no spark. 

"You're always tired, Sho." Hizashi sighed dramatically. I rolled my eyes and laid my head on my desk, I just wanted to sleep. "Please don't sleep yet, Shota, I want to take you out on a date tonight." Hizashi pleaded, "We've both been so preoccupied with work that we haven't been out together for a while.". Hizashi had begun to play with my hand. Taking it into his and fiddling with my fingers. I looked out from underneath my arm to look up at my boyfriend's face. He was looking at me with big, doe eyes that he knew I couldn't resist. I slammed my head back down onto the desk and grumbled under my breath about how Hizashi had no right to look so handsome. "Fine, but nothing too eccentric." I groaned as I lifted my head from the desk. Hizashi beamed at before swooping in and pecking me on my lips. I felt my face heat up drastically at Hizashi's actions. I could never get used to public displays of affection. "HIZASHI!" I shouted in embarrassment. The bastard ran away laughing.

Hizashi didn't specify where we were going on our date. For all I knew, we could have been going to a really fancy restaurant, yet I doubted it since Hizashi knew I didn't like being in big crowds. Despite not knowing where we were going, I decided to try and look as I good as I could. I put my hair up and got dressed in some black jeans and a dress shirt. I was semi-formal. I still kept my scarf around my neck, it was a constant form of comfort for me. Plus, if I encountered any villains I needed some form of weapon. 

I waited in the sitting room of 1A's dorm for half an hour before Hizashi showed up. I had been watching the news, just in case something happened, when Hizashi bounced in. He looked extremely dashing. His long hair flowed gracefully down his back. It was silky and touching it felt like touching silk. Similar to me, Hizashi was dressed semi-formally, wearing a dress shirt and blue jeans. "Shota, you look as breathtaking as usual!" Hizashi complimented me as he whipped a blood-red rose out from behind his back and presented it to me with a bow. Again, the man who I had been friends with for roughly 15 years, somehow managed to make me blush. He was the only one who could make me so flushed. I was really glad that none of my students were around to witness me acting so lovesick. I plucked the rose from Hizashi's fingers and pulled him into a gentle and brief kiss. I could feel Hizashi's lips quirk up against my own before I pulled away. "Thanks." I smiled at him. "No problem, babe." Hizashi winked at me.

We were in the car for an hour before we arrived at Hizashi's date destination. It wasn't anywhere special, in fact, there was no one else around. Hizashi had parked his car in a car park at the bottom of a hill. He got out of the car, prompting me to follow, and ran around to the boot (trunk) to pull out a picnic basket. I raised my eyebrow at his cliche date idea. He chuckled at my expression and help his hand out for me to take. I placed my scared hand in his and let him lead me up the hill.