Chapter 34: Round 1

A little warning here. I'm trying to fit 8 FIGHTS into one chapter. I know I could split it into multiple parts but I'd rather put all of the first round together so this is going to be long and some of the fights may not be very detailed. Furthermore, there's going to be a lot of POV changes because why not.

When an announcement blared over the speakers announcing that the fights would be starting in five minutes, I decided to head up to the viewing box. If I recall correctly, Tetsutetsu and Kirishima were the first people fighting. I didn't know a lot about Tetsutetsu's quirk but I knew it was similar to Kiri's so I was excited to see them fight.

When I arrived at the spectator's box, a majority of the class had already taken their seats. They watched as Cementos manipulated concrete into an appropriate stage for the fight. I looked around to see if Kacchan was around but he wasn't. I guessed he was in a prep room, seeing as his match against Ochako was second. "Hey Izu!" Kyoka called as she plopped into the seat beside me. "Hey, Kyoka. Nervous about your fight against Mina?" I asked. She laughed lightly and shook her head. "I'm not too nervous. I think we're even in our abilities so it's a pretty even fight." Kyoka commented, she didn't seem to be showing any emotions, but I'd known her since we were kids. I knew what the constant tapping of her shoes on the floor meant. "Keep dreaming Jiro. I'm totally going to beat you." Mina joked as she sat in the row of seats behind us. We all laughed together but were cut off by Present Mic's voice. "This is the final event of the day! I'm so excited!". Cheers rose from the crowd as they worked themselves into an excited frenzy. "The rules of the fights are simple. If somebody goes out of bounds, they are out. If you knock your opponent out, you win. Cementos and Midnight will be acting as our referees!" Papa shouted the rules with enthusiasm. "Now let's get this party started!".

*Kirishima's POV*

I walked out to the cheers of the crowd. I was a bit nervous about fighting in front of so many people. If I messed up then they would all see and everyone would know how weak I really was. I shook my head to get rid of my doubtful thoughts. Having such thoughts would only damage my self-esteem and reduce my chances of winning. "From class 1A, the indestructible, rock hard beast, Eijiro Kirishima!" Present Mic screamed. The crowd roared in approval at my introduction. The introduction made my chest swell with pride. Present Mic was really hyping me up. "And from class 1B, the metal tank who can plough through his enemies, Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu!". Once again the audience roared in approval as my opponent was introduced. We were stood in the centre of the ring, face to face. I could see the determination in his eyes and I'm sure he could see the determination in mine. We shook hands to demonstrate good sportsmanship before we took a step back. We were ready to fight.

The entire stadium was silent as we waited in anticipation for Midnight to start the fight. Her whip was raised, I knew once it came down, the fight would begin. "Begin!". As soon as the word left her lip I activated my quirk. I made sure that I wasn't too hard so that my mobility was restricted. I launched myself forward to meet Tetsutesu in the middle of the ring. Both of our fists landed on each other's faces at the same time. Our heads spun from the force of the punches. I was quicker to recover though. Testsutetsu was turning around to hit me once again, but I got to him first. I clasped my hands together and brought them down hard on his head, driving him into the floor. I heard a gasp run around the stadium. I couldn't pay any heed to the audience though because I had to defeat my opponent. I put Tetsutesu in a headlock and squeezed tight. He tried to escape which caused us to stumble around the stage a bit but this worked to my advantage. He managed to escape from my headlock when we were relatively close to the edge of the ring. I knew what I had to do. I didn't give him time to recover from my previous attack before I punched him square in the face so that I made him stumble backwards. "Tetsutetsu is out of bounds! Kirishima wins!" Midnight shouted. Cheers erupted around the stadium. I smiled triumphantly. I was surprised that I had managed to win. The only downside to winning was that my next opponent was most likely going to be Bakugo. But I couldn't count Uraraka out yet!