Chapter 51: Stop Stressing Shithead

Fuck it! I'm updating again.

It was Saturday morning and I was pacing in my bedroom. I was worked up over my exam results. I knew that I had passed my practical exam, and that had been the exam I was the most worried about, but after the exhilaration of it had worn off, I was worried about how well I did in my academic exams. "Please, stop pacing Izu. There's nothing for you to worry about. Calm down." Shoto's monotonous voice spoke up from where he was laid sprawled across my bed. I whipped around and stared him down. "Calm down? Calm down!" I screeched at my boyfriend in anger. "How can you tell me to calm down when my academic career is at stake! These test results are immensely important! How can you tell me to calm down!" I shrieked. I was passing my bed for 50th time when Shoto's hand shot out and held my wrist gently. "Love, you need to calm down. I can see it in your eyes that this isn't just about your test results." Shoto whispered gently, pulling me down to sit on his lap. I tried to stand up, but Shoto just held me firmly in his arms. His arms encircled my waist and his head rested in my hair. I could feel Shoto sniffing my hair which was a bit odd, but whatever floats his boat. "Izuku... Something else is bothering you." Shoto whispered into my forest of locks. I didn't want to tell Shoto.  I hadn't even told Kacchan. "Please Izuku. I love- I like you so much. I just want you to tell me what's going on in your head. If you don't tell me, tell Katsuki. Tell your dads. Tell Jiro." Shoto pleaded with me. I hated hearing how desperate he sounded. I hated seeing the melancholy look in his eyes as he stared into mine. I took a deep breath and let my head flop onto my boyfriend's chest. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. "I'm just... Recently, I've been remembering when I lived with my mum and Hisashi. My biological father. I'm just not in a good place." I sniffled into Shoto's chest. I hadn't actually told my boyfriend about my childhood. Sure he knew that my mother was dead and that I had a lot of fond memories of her, but that was it. He may have guessed that my father was a less than reputable character when the USJ was attacked. But I hadn't told him the whole story. I wanted to. I just didn't know if I had the strength. I resolved myself as I looked into my boyfriend's sad eyes. It would probably help me to tell another person about my experiences. The more people close to me who knew, the more people could comfort me. My therapist said so. 

"I'm gonna... I'm gonna tell you about my childhood before my Dad adopted me. It's not a pretty story, and I might have to stop to cry. But telling you is another step towards accepting my past and using it as fuel to better my self." I told him resolutely. Shoto nodded his head slowly. I picked up the photo frame on my bedside table and sat between my boyfriend's legs. "You know this is my mum. Inko Midoriya. She was such a sweet woman. I loved her, she never gave up. She fought for me to the end." I could feel tears in my eyes but I ignored them and pressed on. 

"This photo was taken before my quirk manifested. After I developed my quirk, Hisashi Midoriya changed. I don't know why he suddenly became the way he did. He didn't suddenly start drinking. He didn't lose his job. Nothing drastic happened in our lives to provoke him to change. Some people may say it was because my quirk had nothing to do with either of my parents. Some people may have said my mother cheated on my father, they had been married for 2 years before I was born. That wasn't the case though. Hisashi had us do a DNA test and it came back that I was his son, it was just a quirk mutation. There was no obvious reason for him to change, and either way, it wouldn't justify what he did to my mother and me." my voice was laced with venom at the end of my sentence. I had paused to place the photo back on the bedside table and was leaning back into Shoto's chest fiddling with his fingers. Shoto was listening patiently, letting me speak at my own pace.

" When I was 4, Hisashi started abusing my mother and I. There was no build-up. One second we were a happy family, then we were being hit, then we weren't allowed to leave the house. I didn't go outside for 3 years. I didn't feel the sun on my skin for 3 years. I wasn't even allowed out into the garden." I spoke quietly, feeling Shoto's hand rub my hair soothingly as he waited for me to continue.