Chapter 42: Endeavour

2nd update of the day!

*Izuku's POV*

I wasn't sure why Kacchan and Todoroki took so long to get off of the train. They were walking really slow and talking in hushed voices. I wanted to run back and tell them to hurry up, but I didn't want to invade on the clearly private conversation, so I just waited for them to catch up. When they finally got done talking, Kacchan walked ahead of Todoroki and walked up to me and ruffled my hair affectionately. "What were you two talking about?" I asked. Kacchan shrugged slightly, "Just threatening him, you know how I am." he said nonchalantly. I wanted to scold him, but I knew that it would probably do no good. Todoroki had caught up, so we all walked through the train station and waited at the front for Endeavour or one of his sidekicks to pick us up. 

We had been waiting for 10 minutes before Endeavour showed up. It was impossible to miss him as he walked down the street. People scurried to get out of the way of the mountain of muscle. He looked as intimidating as ever as he came to a stop before us. I moved back behind Kacchan ever so slightly, I didn't like the angry look on Endeavour's face as he glared at us. "Let's get one thing straight before we start this internship," Endeavour growled, he didn't even greet us, though what could I expect after all I had heard from Todoroki about him. "I only offered you to the internship because Shoto asked me to. If I had it my way you'd be stuck in the office all day and I'd be showing Shoto the ropes, but the school demands that you see fieldwork, so be grateful, got it?". I appreciated the fact that he as being brutally honest, but we all know that both Kacchan and I would have caused too much trouble in the office, he would have taken us out either way. Once we had told Endeavour that we understood that we should be 'grateful' he harumphed and began to walk away, I guess he was just assuming we knew that we had to follow him. 

We followed the number 2 hero in silence. I'm sure Kacchan wouldn't have had a problem with complaining to Endeavour about the way he had been spoken to, but the atmosphere was just too awkward. It was difficult to start a conversation with anyone. We had been walking for roughly 10 minutes when my phone buzzed causing me to blush in embarrassment when everyone's eyes snapped to me. "Sorry," I whispered. I pulled out my phone and saw that both Papa and Dad had messaged me. I opened Dad's message first:

Dad: Did you arrive safely, Problem Child? Don't forget that if you have a nightmare you can call me.  

Me: Yh, we arrived safely dad. I'll call you if anything happens, love u. xx

After responding to Dad's text I moved onto Papa's. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Todoroki looking down at my phone. Nosey much?

Papa: Hey Little Listener! Did you arrive safely! Message me back as soon as possible! I already miss you at home, how will I survive a week?  Also, don't forget to call if you get into trouble, I'll be there in a heartbeat!

                                           Me: Dw Papa! I'm safe here! You'll manage at home without me, you'll have Dad.  I'll call if I get into trouble but I doubt that. Love u xx. 

I quickly put my phone back in my pocket and focused on walking instead. It looked like we were nearing the Endeavour agency. "Once we get into the agency I'll be explaining what we'll be doing this week, then you will suit up and we'll leave." Endeavour explained briskly. Kacchan and I nodded whilst Todoroki just scoffed and rolled his eyes. 

Todoroki, Kacchan and I were all stood in front of Endeavour's desk as he stared at all of us unnervingly. I wasn't going to say how uncomfortable he was making me feel. It would just be awkward. "OH MY LORD! ARE YOU GONNA START SPEAKING OR WHAT!" Kacchan shouted, clearly the silence was getting to him. I felt myself begin to sweat profusely as I watched Endeavours head slowly turn to Kacchan. His glare made me want to curl up in a ball and cry, but Kacchan didn't seem to be deterred if anything this only spurred him on more. He glared right back at Endeavour with the same (if not more) amount of anger and disgust in his gaze. It then occurred to me that Kacchan knew about Endeavour's less than favourable actions in the past and if there was one thing that Kacchan hated, it was an abusive person. Their glaring contest lasted a few more minutes before Endeavour finally decided to speak. "Whilst you're here I'm going to show you what a real hero does. As I'm sure you're aware, the hero killer, Stain, has popped up in Hosu. As the number two hero, it's my duty to apprehend him. Suit up, we leave for Hosu in an hour." Endeavour dismissed us immediately after that. I think getting glared at by a sixteen-year-old had made him a bit pissy.