Chapter 1

Grace's POV

Sweaty people everywhere. Its an endless sea of hormonal and skanky teenagers.

I scrunch my face in disgust and go into the kitchen. I grab a water and pour it into a red cup. Thats the trick with these idiots, just pour water in a red solo cup and everyone will think liqour.

"Gracie! There you are!" My friend Tessa giggles, "Ive been..*hiccup* looking everywhere for you!" She says dramatically while almost falling into me.

"Your drunk off your ass Tess," I push her off and lean her against the counter.

"What....?!" She says but then ends up in a fit of laughter.

I shake my head but smile at her drunkeness. She grabs my red cup before taking a sip. I look at her seeing if she can tell its water before she gives me a pointed look.

"This is fucking water?" She pours it on the ground not caring that she just wasted my water. I watch as she goes into a cooler and breaks open a beer and pouring into my cup. She walks back to me before shoving it in my face.

"Bottoms up!" She clinks our cups together before chugging hers down. I just stand and swish the dark liquid around in the cup.

"C'mon Grace! Lighten up! Get drunk for once in your life!" She looks at me in desperation.

"Why should I? Its a mess just waiting to happen! I promised my mom I wouldnt make her same mistake..." I think back to my mom telling me how she and my dad had me when she was 16.

"Yeah, yeah thats like 1 in a trizillion!" She states.

I give her a look before shrugging. What the hell. Mine as well let loose for one night in my life and never do it again.

"Thats the spirit!" She slaps my shoulder before handing me another beer.

After about 4 beers I feel myself getting loopy and fuzzy. I'm so out of it I didnt even realize that Tessa had dragged me out onto the dance floor.

Wait? Who's party is this? Oh yeah! Samuel Kourt, soon to be big, bad Alpha in a year. I laugh to myself but let my body move to the beat as me and Tessa laugh and dance.

All of a sudden I smell the most beautiful scent in the world. I stop jumping and look around before connecting with a pair of grayish blue eyes. It felt like everything had stopped. His scent smelled like Christmas had just thrown up. Pines and peppermint, as cliche as it was but I didnt care. This is my mate.

I decide to play a little feeling myself smirk. I start dancing again not caring what people thought.

"I have to pee! Brb! Heh.. that rhymed," Tessa giggles before walking away.

I just nod and continue to sway my hips and dance with a bunch of random people. Before I know I feel someone grab my hips and pull me towards them. At first I stop but then smell the familiar scent and continue to dance. I grab the back of his neck and lean my head on his shoulder as our hips move in sync.

"Your so beautiful.."He whispers and kisses my neck leaving tingles everywhere. I moan and move my neck for him.

I turn around and look into his eyes before smashing my lips on his. He stands still shocked before wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me closer.

"Come with me..." He looks at me questionably before I nod and kiss him one last time. He grabs my hand and swivels through everyone. I giggle as he picks me up bridal style and carries me up the stairs. The whole time we never broke our kiss until he sets me down and opens up a random room. He shuts the door and presses me against the wall.

I arch my back at the fire burning in my chest as I long for him. Everywhere he touches it sets my skin on fire. I moan as he kisses down my neck and onto my collarbone.

I lift my arms as he takes my shirt off. I do the same before he lays me gently on the bed. He looks at me again.

"Your so beautiful..." He strokes my cheek and just stares at me. I start feeling self consious and wrap my arms around the stomach.

He smiles and looks at me, "Dont hide your gorgeous self from me." He untangles my arms and kisses up my stomach and onto my lips.

"Sam I need you.." I say hastily as I moan in pleasure.

"Are you sure Grace?" I look at him surprised he knows my name.

He laughs obviously humored by my surprise. "I have my ways.." He winks before unbuttoning my pants and throwing them off the bed.

Before I know it all of our clothes are off and I'm in pure bliss.

***

I wake up to the sun shining directly in my face. I groan and roll over to hide from the sun before notcing that I'm naked. My eyes bulge as I look under the covers at my naked self.

"Shit!" I whisper to myself. I look to my left and see that the bed is empty. I quickly dress and run down the stairs. I bump into someone and almost fall on my ass before regaining my balance.

"Oh... uh hi," I wave awkwardly. The familiar grayish blue eyes just stare at me, not recalling anything that happened between us last night.

"You dont remember...?" I raise my eyebrow at him. He just shrugs before yawning. "Listen... I think we are mates but obviously you dont remember but I think we can work out...." I ramble before he bluntly says, "I reject you."

"Excuse me..?" I whisper and look back at him.

"I, Samuel Kourt, reject you as my mate." He says emotionless.

"I dont understand... Last night- and now?" Jumbling my words together before looking at him hurt.

"Sorry..?" He looks at me unsure of my name.

"Grace," I say flatly.

"Ah Grace! Sorry, but I just cant be tied down right now. I need to focus on becoming Alpha not having a relationship..." He looks at me one last time before walking up the stairs.

"Of course..." I whisper to myself angry that I led myself into this situation. Nothing made sense until all of a sudden I felt it.

I gasp at the pain and almost fall down the stairs. I grab the railing with one hand while I grasp my chest. Tears sting my eyes as I feel my heart shatter.

I suck in a sharp breathe before running out of the house and into the woods. As soon as I disappear into the woods I shift into my silver wolf. I cry as I run at full speed to my house. My thoughts are all jumbled together, I cant think straight, my adrenline is at full speed.

I skid to a stop as my huge wolf legs give out. I whimper and hum in pain.

'Im so sorry..' I cry to my wolf as I feel her pain.

'Its not your fault..' She whispers before falling silent.

I lay there for good hoour just whimpering before shaking my silver coat and trotting the rest of the way home. I shift and grab some spare clothes from the outside shed before going inside.

I dont bother to say hello to my parents and just run upstairs to my room. As soon as Im under my covers my body begins to shake. I just sob into my pillow and let myself drift into sleep.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<3M