Chapter 12: Chocolate

SANGWOO

GRIPPING ONTO THE HANDLE OF THE DOOR, I TAKE A DEEP BREATH IN AN ATTEMPT TO RELIEVE THE UNSETTLING FEELING IN THE PIT OF MY STOMACH.

'I'm not nervous, am I...?'

I try to make a counter argument to that thought, thinking that the only reason I'm nervous is because I might actually have to try for once in order to redeem myself from the events of two weeks ago.

I grip the bag of gourmet chocolates in my left hand a little tighter, hoping that they'll at aid in my excuses of being late. Disposing of my latest victim quite a hassle. Having to clean up her shit in my room and hacking her apart limb by limb so that she could fit in the trunk was mentally and physically exhausting. I read about the possibility of it, but I never thought I would've experienced somebody shitting themselves upon dying.

I sigh heavily, trying to shake off the memory of scrubbing her feces off my body. I now have something else to worry about.

I walk inside, and spot a couple of girls in the bars glancing at me already. I scout the sea of people to find Mina while simultaneously giving out polite nods and smiles to those who I've attracted attention from. Due to the fluorescent lights of the bar, it's a little hard to scout out the colour dress my date is wearing, but upon laying my eyes on the figure of one woman in particular--I realize that my retina doesn't need cones.

"Make sure you keep an eye on any drinks he buys from now on," Mina says after leaning closer to the bartender. My eyebrows perk up in surprise, and I'm curious to see what kind of conversation she's having with the bartender.

"And just what about my drinks do you two need to keep an eye out for?" I ask, a small smile tugging at my lips when I see the widened eyes of the bartender. Mina turns around to look at me and greets me with a smirk that matches my own.

"I wasn't referring to you," she speaks calmly, the response being so instantaneous it seems almost impossible to be a lie

"I wasn't referring to you," she speaks calmly, the response being so instantaneous it seems almost impossible to be a lie. "My words were directed to the patron over there." With her index finger, she raises her hand and points to a man a couple seats away from her who has evidently had way too much to drink. He slumps his head forward onto the counter, seemingly drifting to and from conciousness. "He's had over 8 shots in the past half hour that I've been here, and I worry that he might turn into you from two weeks ago."

I flinch slightly at her words, fist clenching on the straps of the bag in my hand. "I want nothing more than for you to erase that memory from your mind," I chuckle, slightly pissed on how she keeps on bringing it up despite me apologizing an innumerable amount of times. "You've been here for half an hour?" I ask, glancing at my Rolex which reads 9:20.

"I'm a punctual person. I don't like to keep people waiting, nor do I like waiting for people who are already late to show up." The latter half of her sentence makes me scoff internally.

'I would like to see you trying to clean up someone else's feces without vomiting.' I bite the inside of my cheek to avoid voicing my opinion, instead giving a sincere apology to the woman who's arms are now crossed over her chest.

"It's fine," she puffs out, uncrossing her arms. "I had company." She gives a quick glance to the bartender who smiles politely in response.

"Would you like a drink?" I ask, settling myself into the chair beside her and placing the chocolates on top of the bar counter in front of me. She accepts the drink before pointing at the small blue bag I had just set down.

"What's inside the bag?" Mina asks, eyes sparkling slightly when she lays eyes on the french words printed in italics. I use this cue to give it to her, placing the bag in front of her as I chuckle slightly at her childlike wonder. "They're apology chocolates. I hope you'll accept them."

The light in her eyes immediately dim down before I see her take the box out of the bag. She gazes at the box for a couple seconds, running her fingers along the ribbon that hold the box closed. "...I'm allergic to chocolate."

"Oh," is all I can manage to utter while my eyes shift between her disappointed face and the chocolates. "I'm sorry... I didn't know." I try my best to sound apologetic while hiding the vein popping on my forehead with my hand. She looks at me for a little bit and I find myself looking away in both embarrassment and slight irritation.

"I'm joking, Sangwoo." Her light laughter permeates through the atmosphere of the bar, it's angelic tone bringing attention from patrons all around despite being relatively low in volume. I look to my side to see her smiling, holding a hand over her mouth to stiffle her laughter that only continues to attract attention.

"God, Mina..." I groan, massaging my temples with my middle finger and thumb.

'You better not be allergic. Those chocolates were damn expensive.'

I'm feel the cracks in my facade starting to shine through. I'm pissed, and even though she may not be able to see it now, she will if she continues this habit of constantly embarrassing me. I feel her placing her hand on my thigh, and stop hiding my eyes to see hers that look at me with warmth and kindness. "Sorry... I might've went a little too far with my joke," she says, a tinge regret laced into her voice. "How about you forgive me for my joke, and I forgive you for being late?"

"...Deal."

To be continued...

_________

Decided to make fanart of how you saw Sangwoo when you turn around 🙈.

Let's just say you can expect more of these but NSFW.

- J <3