We Talk

Food Trial [Baekhyun's POV]

I was so curios how will Ari react after telling her how I really feel about her. This shouldnt be bad I guess.

As I stepped into the fancy restaurant alone, being Baekhyun ofcourse, I found myself coming in quite early. No one had arrived yet so I took a seat and looked up the menu they had prepared for us.

Will Ari change her perspective towards me now since she knows?

Suddenly a chatter sound distracts me from looking at the menu and my eyes landed on a group of people who just entered the restaurant. As too see my parents came along with Ari's but she herself was nowhere to be seen. Or was I just too excited to come that early after we met?

I bowed as they head to the table. "Baekhyun, this is the first time you've been surprisingly punctual. Starving to death I suppose." My father teased making everyone burst into laughter. "For a wedding, I couldnt be more in hunger." I joked back. Everybody was in a happy mood I noticed for the day.

"Where's Ari?" I asked nicely. "She's on her way. She said that she just got back from a little shopping trip by herself this morning." Her mother answered. As I knew that wasnt the truth, I was sure that they have no idea where she might be.

After a few minutes later, while picking out the dishes in the menu, someone came by and made her way next to me confidently. "Sorry I'm late." Ari apologised as she bowed her head. "Where were you? Baekhyun had just asked about it. How coincident." Her mother said.

Ari came to meet eyes with me as if she was surprised that I came looking for her. But what caught my attention was that she didnt have that glare or evilish eyes when she looked at me. Did it help? Whatever 'Jae' told her helped with our connection right now?

"I know that you and Ari are going to get married soon but it doesnt mean the food isnt important, Baekhyun-ah." My father voiced out across the table with a smirk on his face which made everybody accept Ari and I laughing. Little did I know I was actually staring at her eversince she came.

"Arent you guys just adorable." My mother complimented. Ari began to be uncomfortable as soon as my mother said that. Thanks mom. I could sense that she was blushing and nervous. Well honestly I was too. She never sat next to me abruptly. She couldve sat next to her parents or so but she didnt which surprised me in a good way.

Soon the food arrived after ordering variety of them and tried them one by one. Then there was this dish that was served somewhere during the main course. It was a fish with a mixture of cucumbers which I hate the most. So I left the cucumber aside of my plate.

Then I noticed, Ari did the same thing she didnt eat the cucumber at all. She left it on the side of the plate. Atleast we had something in common now. While our parents were busy chit chatting with each other, I suddenly said "I see that you dont like cucumber, huh?" I ended with soft chuckle.

I didnt dare to look at her directly at the eye. So I just concentrated on my plate but at the corner of my eye I could see that she stopped moving her chopsticks. Then I slowly turned my face to see her smiling as she was observing my cucumber and hers.

"Probably thats the only common thing we had." She said looking at me with a small smile, then she continued eating. That was the first time she talked to me which made my mouth dropped. Moreover she smiled at me for the first time ever.

She then looked at me and with her brow raised. "You would want to close your mouth unless if you insist a fly to get into it." She said. I locked my mouth quickly and returned back to my plate. I was definitely embarassing myself. Well it wasnt the first time seeing her smiling to 'Jae' but to Byun Baekhyun it was. And it was over-whelming.

"This fish is not going to cut it." She said suddenly surrender from eating it. "Whats wrong with the fish?" I asked. She looked at me as if I didnt know what she was talking about. "Is there something wrong with your tastebuds?" She asked sarcastically. Is the fish really that bad that I was so distracted by her and didnt even taste the rawness?

I tried taking a bite after that and true enough it tasted disgusting as if I was eating a rotten fish. And it wasnt my first bite nor second nor third. I was really thag distracted for some reason.

"Something bothering your mind?" She asked. Are we now having a conversation? This is getting pretty rad. "N-no." I shook my head with hesitation. "You hesitated." She said. I didnt know what to say. I could just say that yes something bothered me that she is actually the reason.

"Fine, maybe." I confessed. "What is it?" She asked. Wow this girl is really going in for it. "Something." I said shortly. "I know theres more than that." She said with her arms crossed. Okay fine missy. "Probably just someone." I said.

Suddenly she gasped. "You know that I'm going to be your wife within a few weeks. And here you are thinking about someone?" She said with a frown. Good golly if only she knew that I meant it for her. But what shocks me that she says it as if she cares.

"So you do care of what I think?" I teased back which made her blushed. "Anyway it wasnt just someone." I said as I looked her. "It's..." before I could say 'you' her father interupted "How's the fish guys?" He asked. Both of us didnt really answer much which tells them it will not be in the wedding's menu.

Eversince then we didnt really talk much until the food trial was done. As we stepped out of the restaurant, our parents continued talking which solitude us away from them. We remain quiet but I kept looking at her trying to come up with a conversation again and failed.

I think she notices so she said "You're weird Byun Baekhyun." And smiled after. "Not every rich guy is cool as you think." I said. She burst into a laugh. That got me. I finally made her laugh, talk and smile today for just being myself.

"Sometimes I wonder who are you deep inside." She said. "You'll soon get to know me better." I answered. She spun to look at me and as she was about to say something, "Honey lets go we still have a lot to do. You'll get your time with your guy soon." Her mother called.

We both blushed as soon we heard. She bite her lower lip and said "I have to go." She went with her parents towards the right side of the street and I went with mine on the left. Clearly we headed opposite from each other.

But I just had the urge to to look back all so suddenly. As I looked back, Ari on the other side spun back to look at me. We then gave each other our last smiles and it was damn worth it.