Finding the Fault

Baekhyun's POV

"Okay Baek, you can do this. Its just saying our vows and inserting the rings. Thats all." I sighed. What am i thinking. This is a ridiculous plan afterall. Having am arrange marriage sucks. Getting to have a wife who doesnt know me and hates me will not be good.

"Sir their waiting." My butler came in and suggested me to get out and walk down the aisle. "Just give me a minute please." I told him. I was panicking, i was sweating under my suit trying to think positively.

"Here goes nothing."

I managed to walk down the aisle with a plastered smile that i had to fake. There was so many people who attended to the wedding. Unfortunately they had to waste their time to come to a wedding which is empty with the true meaning of love.

Honestly i was shivering as i waited to for Ari to come out with her dress and her dad seeing her walking down the aisle.

Then the moment came and it was breath taking. Ari was beautiful than usual as if i was seeing an angel for the first time. I feel so lucky that im marrying her but unfortunately its just not real love.

By the time she reached the alter, i reached out my hand for her to held onto. All of a sudden she stared into my face with a shocking expression. She stopped for a while and examined my face. "What is it?" I whispered to her.

She looked confused and as if she was in disbelief. "Jae?" She blurts. Thats when it hits me. She knows?

Suddenly she ran away from the alter, crying. Each and everybody suddenly gave me a glare as if i was guilty of some crime.

As i saw her leaving the venue with her tears falling, the guests rise from their seats and started to sprat bad words as me, calling me a bastard with no manners, throwing stuffs at the same time, it was a nightmare. I couldnt bare it. I could see from the corner of my eye, my parents were embarrased and ashamed of my doings. Everything went wrong. The wedding was a disaster.

All of a sudden, "Mr Byun, Sir!" I opened my eyes to see my butler shook my body from the side of my bed. "Are you alright?" He sounded worried. I was confused and surprisingly panting from the nightmare i had. I nod my head to give him assurance that I was alright.

"You were sleeptalking so loudly that I could hear you from outside of the room." He said. I sighed heavily as I fall back to my pillow. "I'll be fine." I replied. "It was just a nightmare."

The butler seemed to have something to say but he looked unsure that he slowly went out of the room without any further words to say. Why would I dream something bad happening on the wedding day. The wedding is only a few weeks away and i cant keep the bad thoughts in me.

Most of all what am I suppose to do with Jae now.

------

1 week before the wedding

The wedding is set in a huge building which consists of different ballrooms, halls. This buidling has been belong to my family in the heritage for many years. It has been a tradition that every family in the heritage would always have their wedding in that specific hall.

I cant deny that the hall is basically a beauty to the eye as if it is made from heaven. Cupid paintings on the ceilings, diamond chandeliers, marble floors and walls, and at the end of the hall, theres a sculpted water fountain which is where the altar is gonna be.

Looking from the entrance, the wedding set up was so beautiful. I couldnt help but to feel overwhelmed in someway. The venue was magnificent, breath-takingly beautiful.

"Mr Byun, I was just wondering where would you want the reception to take place. Either the ballroom upstairs or the the other banquet hall across this place?" The wedding planner asked me all of a sudden as he saw me standing at the entrance.

"It'll be better if the reception held in the banquet hall instead as it'll be an easy access to all the guests." I suggested. The wedding planned agreed and rushed off to his worker to move all the tables to the banquet hall. "Oh, Mr Byun, I almost forgot," the wedding planner added "under your parents request, they wanted you to pick your wedding ring as well as Ari this afternoon and also your final fitting will be tonight. Dont you forget." He reminded as he walked away to the banquet hall.

The afternoon

"You finally arrived Baekhyun-ah and I hope the next time we have an appointment, you will not be late, again." My mother sarcastically greeted as I entered the jewellery shop.

Ari was on the other side admiring the rings. "Lets start by looking at the variaties of rings shall we." The sales girl showed different types of rings which were displayed on the glass table. "Here is one of the most special rings for the lovely soon-to-be husband and wives." She gave a smile as she looked at both Ari and I. How awkward can it get.

"For the male ring, the ring is made of platinum with deep carvings in the middle which is inserted with pure white diamonds. It enhance the ring with the platinum material used. Slick and elegant just for the groom." She explained while showing the details of the platinum ring.

"As for the beautiful bride here, the ring is made of 10 carat diamond surrounded with embeded crystals. The ring is made up of white gold and....." as the sales lady goes on about the ring, i couldnt help but to notice how Ari admire the ring so much but at the same time her eyes tells me she slightly feels some pain. She wasnt too happy nor too sad, i'd say.

"What do you think Baekhyun?" My mother asked. It startled me as i wasnt paying too much attention for thay moment. "It's beautiful." I replied. "How about you Ari, do you like it?" As mother asked her. "Love it." Ari assured with a smile, right after my mother looked away her smile fade into a sorrow look.

"Okay then, i'll get going to my work and let these two love birds stay for their finger measurements. I'll get going dear." My mother pats my shoulders and gave a goodbye smile to Ari. This led to another awkward situation between Ari and I. Thanks madre.

"You guys make yourself comfortable, i'll be back for a while." The sales lady went away leaving us alone. Silence filled the atmosphere and i cant help but to break the silence. Unfortunately i just dont know how. I slightly spun my head to see what she was doing and i could sense she is tense as well as i am.

The words from my mouth doesnt seem to know what it wants. Trying to voice out seems so hard when shes around compared to facing hundred of workers in my company. How is that possible.

*Coughs*

Simply tries to break the silence. What an idea Baekhyun, way to go.

"The rings seem really elegant, werent they?" Words slipped through my mouth. Words that werent even thought of before letting it out.

"They are." She answered, surprisingly. I mean its a surprise as i expected she would just gave a nod or not answering at all. "Dont you think its too much? I mean were not even inlove and yet your buying such an expansive ring for a girl you dont really know." She blurted out as she turned to look at me in the eye.

That stabs me in the back, hard. I didnt knw what to answer at all. Literally i was hurt, one, because i do love her unfortunately she doesnt know that, second, she loves the other person i am trying to be which is Jae, my so called cousin.

"You dont have to answer that. Besides it wasnt your choice either." Ari looked away arrogantly. "Ari whatever i did to you that made you angry at me, i'm really sorry but just tell me what fault did i ever do to you?" Somehow i was feeling a bit angry and frustrated as to why she had to be so cold to me. Did i do something wrong before.

She turned to me once again, with a frown. Suddenly the sales lady was back and she didnt get to say anything. The coldness from her just keeps me wondering. Where did i mess up?

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Hi everyone, I AM ABSOLUTELY SORRY FOR A VERY LONG AWAITED UPDATE. Things kinda gotten really busy but hey I AM BACK!

Hope u guys enjoyed the update and have u ever wondered why Ari has been acting cold towards Baekhyun? Hehehehe it'll be revealed soon ~~xx