Agreement

My jaw dropped wide opened. Shit. I am not ready for straight confrontation. And especially when Ari is around seeing me in my disguise. Wow mom and dad such a good timing.

I quickly run up to my room and changed to my suit and fixed my hair as a quiff. I was trembling to my bones than ever. I know Ari is never pleasant when I'm around and I have to face her that way with her parents around mine. Worst she knows where Byun Baekhyun lives now.

I lastly tied my tie around my neck. I swear a trickle of sweat dripped down my neck as I was that terrified and nervous at the same time. I adjusted my neck tie and decided to loosen it more to actually look casual.

I had to face this sooner or later so I had no other choice to do so. I went down the stairs and body started to heat up even more. Worst I could even sense the tension in the living room.

As I made my entrance, everyone's head turned to me including Ari's. But as usual her eyes were cold. Unlike her parents who were pleased to see me in my suit. They observed me from head to toe which made it more uncomfortable.

"Baekhyun-ah come on in!" my dad greeted and asked to sit next to him. "W-what is this about?" I quivered. "Before we get into the point, I would like you to meet Mr and Mrs Choi." My mother introduced.

I bowed respectfully to each of them. I noticed Ari hasnt even looked at me in the eye. How I wished she did just like when we were at the park. To see her this way is actually, hurtful.

"And this is our daughter Choi Ari." Mrs Choi pointed out. She bowed still not looking at me. I dont think she was sincere bowing nor seeing me. Sigh. Just have to deal with this for now.

"Since we've met earlier, there is something that we all, including The Choi's family had decided." my dad started. He gulped and continued "We had arranged a marriage between you and Ms Choi here." he announced.

I was not surprised ofcourse since I knew its coming. But instead they were surprised at my blunt reaction. "Honey, are you okay?" my mom assured. "W-w-what did y-you just say?" I acted surprised.

"We arranged a marriage between you and Ari. I know its abrupt, but we know Mr and Mrs Choi and their family for a long time. So we had planned this for a long time." My dad repeated.

Did he just say they know Ari for a long time and they didnt tell me about her? What is going on?

My face was in complete confused. "You know our son right, Choi Taeil?" Mr Choi adressed. I nod slowly guessing they meant Taeil hyung. "He actually told us about you. You're hard working and learned well from him. We can see your true potential. Which is why we agreed you can take care of our baby here." Me Choi continued.

"Appa..." Ari sounded embarassed. "So with our greatest gratitude, we would like to hear your confirmation on this agreement. You guys might not know each other well but we bet you two will get along together jusf fine." Mrs Choi said.

How I hope so.

"So Baekhyun-ah, do you agree?" my dad shot me a look which always scared the hell out of me. I couldnt just disagree, I mean one, my parents has high expectations from me, two, this is a great way to know Ari more in a different way so she could except who I really am, three, it would be disrespectful so.

"Yes." I blurted out. Ari finally looked at me but not as what I expected. She looked shocked and upset. I think she wasnt expecting either that I would agree. The way she looked at me was despiteful. I swear I would never want to see her that way again. But how I wished.

"Then its set. We will release the invitation on your wedding day soon. Its all ready." Mrs Choi grinned. My parents were giving their sweetest smile ever. They stood up and were about to head out. Just before they left, Mr Choi grabbed me by the shoulder and gave his last words for the night.

"Baekhyun, I'm really proud that you had made the best decision on marrying my daughter. Its a blessing actually. Hope you can take care of her well." He smiled and plastered another grin. Somehow I had this tangling feeling in me. It didnt feel right at all.

"Sure do sir." I bowed lastly. "You can call me dad if you want. I want us to be very casual between us." he chuckled. I bowed once again and this time I was not feeling good. They left with a long black limousine picking them up infront of my house. I could tell they are not normal.

As soon as they left, I asked my parents abruptly to what just happened. "Son, you need to understand. This is not only good for the family but also the company." dad explained.

"You see, the Choi family actually holds the biggest sale marketing business around Asia. So when you are married to their family, it means that their fortunes will be half given to our family or you could say company." mom explained further.

"So you planned all of this for fortune?" I stated in a sarcasm tone. "And also your good future Baekhyun. This is all for your own good." dad said. "By taking advantage on someone's hardwork?" I spurt in fury.

"Baekhyun calm down we didnt mean it that way. Lets just say that its one way for you to have a bright future." said mom. "Wow thats the best way you can bring up? Making sure to have a well-cared name by putting my butt in other's place?" I raised my voice slightly.

"Byun Baekhyun! How dare you talk vulgar infront of us and disrespect your own family. If you are so upset with all this set up marriage why did you even agreed at first infront of the Choi family?" My dad flumed as he mentioned the agreement.

"And here you are complaining about their hardwork. We did our part as well.."

"Isnt our part enough?" I interupted.

He shut his mouth and glared at me with amusement. Both of them wasnt so happy afterwards.

"Whatever it is, you are marrying their daughter. Nothing more nothing less." They left my house in furious leaving me mad ofcourse. My own parents was completely out of their minds. I never see them this way before. I guess their true colours just came out of no where.

Also I was quite guilty to actually do this to Ari. She has a good family yet here I am crashing into their lives and take advantage out of them.

Nevertheless, my worries concern my identity the most. What can I do to put up my identity safe?