"N-no, I think you'll have to go to the dessert section for that and make on your own." She stammers, getting increasingly gitterly.

I don't like it.

"Pepsi then." I say, turning my attention to the wall. If she needs a break, she better take one she looks like she's about to pass out.

She nods and takes off to the kitchen or wherever they hide the drinks.

"Was she scared of something? She started getting kinda weird." I question, Daxon who looks up at me. He seems to notice something on my face.

"Why can't you be like normal people and wipe your face. You're going to get us in trouble." Daxon reaches across the table and uses the pad of his thumb to try and rub something off my cheek. I flinch back.

"What? Is there something there?" My finger taps my tongue as I use it to scrub off whatever he was working at just now. My finger comes away red.

"You must have got some blood splattered on you when I shot that guy." Daxon mentions and I rub the spot again to check if anything is left.

"Is it gone?" I ask him. He glances at my face and nods.

He's been next to me this whole time and he didn't notice before. I've never met someone so uselessly useful in my life.

Don't start with him. You're here to eat.

Yeah, if that waitress doesn't run off and call the police.

I sigh as my eyes wander around the small spot. It seems small from the outside but inside it expands back with black tables and little islands of different foods.

My mouth waters.

Was food ever this important to me before this moment? I mean, I like snacks.

"Stop looking at the walls like you're going to eat them, Naomi. I can't pay for that." Daxon mocks me with a small grin on his face.

"Shut up." I was trying to have some peace of mind and now he ruined it.

Why am I even sitting here with him?

The waitress stops by our table, back with our drinks and utensils. I stare up at her and she visibly relaxes, seeing my face.

One little stain made this woman shake and tremble. I wish it was that easy for the rest of the world, that would've made things more interesting.

"You can go get your food now." I dart up pass her before she has the chance to take a step.

I snatch a plate from the corner side and begin piling my plate with medium done steaks, rice, chicken, and everything else that smells amazing.

My plate wobbles in my hands as I try to balance my stack, walking back to my seat.

I sit down and devour it as Daxon munches down his own stack. I knew he was hungry too.

Taking my last bite of chicken, I lean back in my chair and yawn.

"You made it sound like you would finish everything in on your plate a lot faster than 30 minutes." Daxon comments.

"Stop nagging me." I wave him off, as his calls the waitress over.

My eyes lock on the clock and it reads 7:30 pm.

I've been around this cold fuck for way too long. He started talking strangely before, but I don't even want to think about it. I want to go home and take a nap.

"The price is 35.76" She says and Daxon kicks my foot under the table. I groan and shrug away from him.

Too much negative annoying energy. I want my gun, I need her to get the right kind of sleep.

He hands the woman the money and stands up.

"C'mon, we still have to walk you home." He says.

I groan louder.

"I'll kiss you if you don't get up." He says. I jump up so fast I have whiplash.

He tries to steady me and I fling him away.

"What kind of a threat is that?" I say, walking away from him, trying to ignore the slight heat in my cheeks.

"Kissing me is not even that bad." He states, sounding offended.

What am I doing again? Had my hunger blinded me? I'm not supposed to get any closer to this mystery of a human.

I don't want any part of his scheme except being his bodyguard. This almost crossed the line.

"Thanks for the food." I say, ending whatever type of conversation we were about to engage in.

I hate the weak side of me that allows him to draw me into his life, but like a drug, I'm too high to notice I might overdose.