Chapter 42

Rita(RiRi)POV:

I'm so happy that my bestfriend is back. I'm so happy I'm even going to the club with her. Like y'all have no idea how much I missed her. August called and asked if I wanted to go to the club with him and he was surprised when I said yes.

My bestfriend is back, I'm so happy. The whole afternoon we were catching up. She told me about the things she did and the people she met, but she still hasn't told me why she really went away. She said she'd tell me when the time is right, but for now I shouldn't worry and I'm not, because I'm too excited about her return that nothing really matters.

Now I have my support system back with me and I feel alive. I have hope to face this ugly world. I'm wearing a denim short and a white vest. I tucked it in and I'm wearing my brown knee high boots. It's pretty cold outside, but I know the club will be feeling hot with everyone breathing and sweating. I have my hair in a high messy bun and a little make up. I clear up my room and close the door on my way out.

I walk down the stairs and I see Rose sitting down waiting for me. She's wearing a blue jean and a olive green lace crop top.

"You look beautiful, girl. I'm surprised you wearing so revealing." Rose complemented me. I smiled.

"Thank you girl and I just wanted to feel beautiful and sexy. My best friend is back and I didn't want her to complain about my outfit. I'm glad you love it. You look lovely too. I'm always in love with your hair"

"You don't want me to do this kind of hairstyles on you"

I shake my head. "Oh no I'm good. They suit you. I'm happy with my messy bun."

She laughed and nod. "Ok let's go. You good right?"

I nod and we left. When we arrived at the club we walked through the back because August was waiting for us outside. We aren't at one of this clubs today. While sitting at the VIP, they bring alcohol after alcohol. This people can drink. Rizzy can't drink of course. It's kinda sad. We'll we both not drinking so I guess we in this together.

"You can still drink even if you underage" August said handing me a glass. I pushed it away.

"No I'm good. It's not because I'm underage, it's just that I'm not a fan of drinking. I once back and got so drunk, I don't want to go through that again. The morning wasn't fun. It's not like alcohol is nice-"

"Ok, you lying. Alcohol is nice, but it's good you don't do this type of shit."

I frowned. "Why? You do it"

He nod. "Yeah I do it, but I'm always stressed and my life is fucked up." He took his lighter out and sparked the joint. He took two pulls. "See you, you gone be a doctor one day and you need to be healthy for that. I wanna see you in that white coat and glasses, holding that clipboard." He chuckled. "Promise me something"

I nod. "Yeah, anything" Why did I say that? Not anything.

"Promise me that you not going to let your circumstances define you. You gone make it out of Nola, find you a nice hospital to work at. Save people's lives and when you ready, you find yourself a nice, good looking and rich husband, but most importantly he must love and respect you. Have y'all selves a nice little family. Promise me whatever choice you make, you put yourself first and you happy about that decision"

I nod and bit my lip. I look him in the eye. He chuckled. "Ight, thus blunt got me all in my feelings and preaching. But you heard me right?"

I smiled. "Yeah, I did. Thank you. Are you ok? You seem a bit off and you keep checking our surroundings. Is something bad going to happen?"