Part 40: Please I Do Not Want a Heart:

Start from the beginning

Dia look back at Joseph and tilt his head.

"That is a given."

"Given?"

"I am his child, his blood flow in my veins and as the child in that relationship, I instinctively care."

Joseph thinks he understood what the boy meant but his guts is telling him there is a deeper meaning. When Dia seems to have enough of Joseph trying to ponder on it like a child, he added...

"It haven't been given a name."

"Huh?"

"Everyone instinctively grow feelings and relationship then both parties agreed what to call it. I like Dream, and she likes me so we decided, we are friends."

"Isn't it the same with your father?"

"But I don't know what is a father... He never showed or tell me what it is. How do i become a son?"

"That is your role, to be a son."

Dia, chuckled and smiled so eerily.

"Isn't it unfair, that a child instinctively seek out their parent but the parent can have a choice to be a parent or not."

Joseph feels like an inner feeling of his been touched.

"You are being too sensitive, we parents have an important job and that is to raise and protect you little ones. Some of us are not good at showing it but..."

"We just have to try and understand? In the end, we little ones end up treating you parents the same way and when all comes to naught it is us who have to try harder and work to gain affection, but why can't you try and understand us too and work harder to gain our affection?"

It seems Dia just explained his entire relationship with his parent and for someone like Joseph it is hard to put himself on the child's shoes.

A moment pass and Joseph did not know how to retort back. Then Joseph looked at Dream.

'How are we treating each other?'

Dia continued to make his point.

"For short, we humans have to label everything, it doesn't make sense if we don't make a title or put a name on it. This is a shoe and meant for feet!" He said while pointing on his tattered shoes. Then he pointed at Dream. "She is someone very dear to me and she is a precious friend, you are his father and that is all about it with your relationship with me, because we both don't established what kind of relationship should we have and that is the same with the man he call himself as my father."

"You are very mature for your age."

Joseph complimented the boy for his very detailed explanation. Joseph is thinking that this boy is not so bad at all. He have a feeling he wants to grab the boy's head and give it an affectionate rub but Dia suddenly said something like baby ramblings.

"-What?! We are just having a manly conversation! Quit nagging, I am not saying anything mean-." Dia unconsciously said those words with the language that only Dream and Dia understand that sounds like baby ramblings to those who don't understand it.

The boy then snub his head away and pout.

That leave Joseph's hand frozen still. What he did not know is that Dream asked Dia through their telepathic code of what they are talking about and if they are fighting again. Dream asked through their code language that made Dia respond with the same language.

Joseph's final thought, who is not aware that the two children have their own ways of communication is that, it will still take time before he could accept or understand the boy.

'Labels huh.'

Joseph ponders with the words that said by a child. In child's view, adults way of doing is a foreign thing and this young ones will not understand unless we let them know what is it or show it to them.

Joseph looked at the window and reminisced his past 5 years with the daughter that his beloved left him. They spend time together but in silence, they have meal together but in silence and even when they used to share the same chamber, there is no good night nor morning greetings, they stay in silent.

Why is it so different than the time he spent with Magdalene? Is it because Magdalene and him are adults and they both can compromised and both have the same degree of respect? He is a parent and there is already a wall due to the different relationship status and degree of respect? When he think of it, he does think she is more like a possession that should always stay by his side. However, that is to make sure she is well kept and protected, isn't it the same with Magdalene? What is the difference? The level of affection? Should he start treating his daughter like the way he treated Magdalene?

Joseph blushed and shake his head.
Dia got surprised and looked at Dream to meet her gaze and Dia made a round motion with his finger on his right ear and then tilt his head let out his tongue hanging, he is telling her, her dad gone crazy.

'Now that is just wrong! Completely wrong and innappropriate! You don't treat your daughter like your lover!'

Joseph stared down from the window and saw the Queen coming back from somewhere with her entourage.

The only woman Joseph had in his life is Magdalene. His parents were busy keeping their status as the royals strong and alive and him and his brother were busy doing the same, that is just how Spade is, and because Spade never had any princess nor the Castle ever had any daughters, as a man, he does not know where to start.

Joseph look back at the boy who is giving him a weird smile.

'Should I ask Benjamin? Wait, we are fighting... Should I ask this boy, he knows Dream more than anyone-'

Joseph grabbed his own head and grabbed his hair and pulled it. He slumped down and grabbed his forehead and start thinking real hard in silence.

Dia made a abrupt movement and pointed on Joseph's head and said something with the code.

"-See! He is broken-!!"

Author's note:

I am sorry if you get a sudden notification. This chapter was unpublished and i took noticed when i was making a new draft. I published it again... I don't know if wattpad had a bug or I did something wrong. I will hate it if it happened in the future and with in between chapters... I'll be careful from now on. I might published chapter 41 late tonight as I am working with a new draft already. It is nit good when I have so many drafts, that is when I get lost lol