Caregiver | Part 11

Start from the beginning

He mouthed an 'o' to his realisation. "But, I heard a loud noise just now and I thought someone was trying to break into the house."

You gulped. That's when you knew you can't hide your fault in breaking one of his things any longer. You picked up the humidifier behind you with a heavy heart. "It was me. I broke your humidifier by accident while I was looking for umbrella to borrow. I was intended to ask you but I'm afraid that you already asleep by then. So... I'm really sorry about that."

You bowed your head down as you were ready to get yelled by him. The silent treatment he gave didn't even helped with your situation either.

"That's fine. Just put it there."

That's it. No yelling, no shouting. No scolding. You didn't know how to react to his pardon. "I... um, I promised I will replace it with a new one." You said, putting it back to its place.

"Hey, it's okay. Accident happens all the time." He chuckled, reassuring that he's not mad at you.

"Do you, perhaps, got any umbrella that I can borrow? I just need to stop by at the mansion and wait for a cab to fetch me there." You asked, rubbing the back of your neck. He shook his head, and you sighed in disappointment. You slowly nodded. "Okay then. I guess I just have to wait until the rain stops."

He noticed the sadness in your face, so he thought of something. "I don't think you can go home even if the rain stops later on. Because it's really late, and quite dangerous for you to go back home. And, you're alone too."

He went to the window, peeking through the curtains. Then he looked back at you with a shrug. "Yeah. I'm afraid you can't leave any time soon."

You sat down on the couch. You rubbed your whole face to your frustration, not knowing what to do. Your responsibility awaits you at home but here you were, stuck at your workplace.

"My parents will be worried so much that I haven't back home by now, let alone my brother." You muttered under your face palmed.

Taehyung did nothing but in his wheelchair and being quiet upon hearing your whines. He left to his room, and came back with something on his lap.

"Suyin." He softly called your name, and you raised your head from your palms to look at him. He handed a piece of clothing to you, and one of them was a blanket.

"Take this. Stay for the night." He said. You took them from his hand, but still hesitant to make the decision whether to stay in until morning or just waited for the rain to stop no matter how late it might be.

But the continuous sound of the heavy rain heavy showed no signs of stopping anytime soon, so that left you no choice but to stay. You gave a call to your mom and informed her about your current situation. You even warned her not to tell your brother. The phone call ended, and you let out a relief sigh.

You excused yourself to go the bathroom. You washed your face, untied your bun to wash your hair which already soaking wet by the rain. Gladly the bathroom had a hairdryer, so it was easier for you to dry your hair.

You changed your clothes into the clothes he brought for you. A greyish hoodie and a pair of greyish sweatpants. The size of the clothes were quite huge on you, but it was really comfortable. The sweet-scented of the clothes made you inherently allured. You took a deep breath again as you inhaled the pleasant scent of the shirt, smiling in satisfaction. Whatever the fabric softener the household used, you wanted to find out and maybe will buy a new one for you.

Your arms were tired to tie up your hair into the same bun again, so you tied it up into a ponytail. Your hair looked really puffy and frizzy, but you couldn't care less if he saw how messy you were. You're just really tired.

You walked out of the bathroom, and headed your way to the living room. You were surprised to see Taehyung was still there. You thought that the moment you excused yourself he would went back to his room. But there he was, eyes fixated on the bright screen of the television.

"Taehyung?" You called his name. He averted his eyes to you, and blinked to his surprise seeing you wearing the clothes he gave you. He gulped, and you can see his eyes trailing your figure up and down, then back to your eyes. There's that twitching lips in an attempt to smile again.

"You look... fresh." He said, quickly turned back to the screen. You walked your way to the couch, covered your lower body with the blanket as you sat. "Thank you for the extra clothes. And the blanket." You thanked him.

The heavy rain was still pouring outside. But the rain gradually slowed down where you finally can hear the noise of the television.

"Ugh I look like a mess." You muttered under your breath, ruffling your frizzy ponytail hair. But little did you knew, Taehyung actually heard that.

"Nope. You look cute."

He blurted out, and you were dumbfounded by his sudden spoken of compliment words. You cleared your throat, not knowing what to respond. "Um... I... thank you. And, you... you look cute too."

You returned the compliment back at him. Which made him averted his eyes to you.

"Your hair..." you pointed the top of his head, with a gesture of tying your nonexistent bangs. "That. I like it. It's cute." You said, pointing it out again with a smile. Actually you were refraining yourself from laughing at it. But your admittance of how cute that tiny tied up bangs was genuine.

He put his hand on his head, and his reaction of embarrassment was pretty hilarious

He put his hand on his head, and his reaction of embarrassment was pretty hilarious. You couldn't help it as you ended up in a laughter. To see how entertained you were, he chuckled along and just let his hair be instead of untying it.

Both of you didn't say anything afterward as you both watching the television. After a few hours of staring at the screen, you couldn't resist your heavy eyelids anymore. So you laid down and dozed off.

Taehyung moved his wheelchair to you, blocking the lighting of the television from illuminating your face. Your nose was covered by your own hair, so he tucked the strands of your hair to the back of your head, exposing your peacefully sleeping face.

He struggled to reach the blanket behind your legs with his one hand, but he managed to have it and pulled it all the way from your leg to your shoulder.

He focused back on your face again, attempting to touch your face but halted. He shook his head, backed away as he switched off the television. He stole a glance at you before he left, switching off the light.