-. .xxvii.

if you guys can't tell from my lack of updating, this is the part of the story where i just want to die, it's so unrealistic, why could you idiots not just stay put?

but alas. that's not how dramas work. so please bare with my whilst i try and make this sound as good as i possibly can without reaching throwing myself off the balcony.

also, we're approaching the end of this story, so I'm going to try and complete by the end of this week, maybe even by tomorrow if i can drag myself through it

thank you :3

__________________________

Something didn't feel right.

Taehyung paused, his expression perplexed as he glanced warily around the concrete jungle of forgotten buildings. The ground in which they walked on had crumbled away from years of negligence, knotted foliage already creeping through the cracks. There were around eight warehouses in the complex, all of which didn't look safe to house even squatters; roofs were caved inwards, windows were smashed into jagged mouths, and vital parts of the structure had crumbled into nothing but serrated claws of steel. It was dark, and since neither of them had a flashlight or even a phone on them, there was a lot that Taehyung couldn't see. 

But it wasn't the condition of the place that had him on edge. Something about it felt... familiar. 

"Where was the body found?" Taehyung spoke up, his hands balled into nervous fists by his sides as he eyed the towering chainlink fence that ran around the vicinity. For the most part, the fence was intact and even had spirals of barbed wire running along the top. but there was a gaping hole at the entrance gate, something he assumed was made by troublesome teenagers. The entire place gave him the creeps. 

"The river is about fifteen minutes from here on foot," Soojin informed, not even bothering to look back at her companion as she surveyed the area with squinted eyes. Streetlights from a distance offered a subtle glow, outlining each building from the darkness of the night, and she could see in front of her, but it wasn't enough to see inside. 

"I don't like this place," Taehyung murmured, cringing at the scuff of broken glass beneath his sneaker, "It's giving me the creeps."

"And that's how you know we're in the right place," Soojin replied, keeping her voice low, though her words sounded distant like she wasn't really listening, "We're looking for our friends and a psychopathic serial killer, I'd be more creeped out if he wasn't in an area like this."

Impulsively, Taehyung grabbed her hand, halting her enough to make her turn to look at him. She looked down at his hand on hers before looking up at the somber expression on his face, "What is it?" She asked slowly.

Taehyung opened his mouth, but the words faltered on his tongue. How was he supposed to tell her something he didn't understand himself? He noticed as Soojin's expression contorted, an unmistakable glint of suspicion in her eyes, and Taehyung quickly released his grip on her. The last thing he wanted to do was make her question her trust in him. After all the deceit and the lies, he really couldn't afford the loss of having her by his side. 

As she walked on, focused on looking for anything suspicious, Taehyung loitered behind. He couldn't shake the feeling that he had been here before, but he knew it couldn't have been recently. Once Yoongi took him, they disappeared to Daegu. This had been the first time he had been in Sokcho since then. As he followed behind Soojin, something caught his attention. One of the walls, there was a tag spraypainted across the weathered bricks. He squinted as he got closer, noting the sloppy name written at an angle. At first, he couldn't make out what it said due to the obscure calligraphy, but as soon as he figured it out, he froze.