Forgive Me, . . . Love

{Shin's POV}

A few weeks afterwards, we were all getting ready to go to school. It was only a few days now, about eight days away.

I was sitting on the floor in Oka's room on her pink carpet. It was the only thing that she held onto, the only innocence she had left since she got rid of everything else from her childhood after the car crash. The carpet stood out from the dark-ish room. It was a royal purple shade, the walls, and the floor was just regular wood. She had a big black bed with purple decorative pillows. She had a desk with a computer on it, a small bookshelf full of books, a nightstand with a black lamp and glass of water, then finally the pink rug. Her large cat was sleeping next to her pillows, undisturbed and not disturbing us. She was just peaceful, just dreaming away to who knows where.

Oka came back with some chips and sodas. She sat down in front of me, placing the snacks in the middle, and yawned. She didn't get much sleep last night. She told me she's been very busy lately and she made me come over today to tell me something. I was a little nervous. Oka rubbed her eyes and looked up at me.

"You. .know how I've been busy, right. . ?" she said.

I nodded.

"I'm gonna be really busy. .for the next few weeks. . .and. . I need you to take care of the club for me. . ." she continued, yawning again.

"Really?" I asked her.

"Yes," she replied.

I smiled a little. Oka sighed and laid down on the floor, obviously tired. I hummed a little and got up. I bent over and gently slid my hands underneath the tiny girl and lifted her up with ease. She was always light. I walked over to her bed and placed her down, sitting next to her and causing Midnight to get up and walk away. She was like a cumulonimbus cloud, yet she never rained. I pulled the covers over us and got comfortable. Oka hugged one of her decorative pillows.

"Are you. .okay. . .with being leader for a few weeks. . ?" she asked.

I nodded. "Yes, I am."

Oka sighed again and settled in. Her body relaxed and went still, the only movement being her stomach rising and falling as she breathed. I scooted a bit closer to her, and then started to rub her cheek. It was warm. She was always warm. Oka closed her eyes and relaxed a little more. I couldn't help but smile a little.

I wished she'd do the same.

"Hm, kawaii. . ." I said in a whisper.

Oka hid her face in the pillow. I chuckled lightly, raising her head up. Her pale face was a mellow red color and it was warmer than before. Her somnolent eyes looked up at me. I felt my own face redden. I slowly leaned down to her face, only leaving a two inch gap between us. The languid girl's eyes widened a bit. I started to lightly rub her lips with my thumb. She opened her mouth a little, looking down and off to the side.

I sighed, knowing I'd probably risk everything. "Forgive me. . ." I told her.

I would've expected her to push me away, to yell at me, even slap me. But she didn't. She didn't do anything when I leaned closer and kissed her chapped lips. She just laid there, still, and her body got warmer.

It was a long kiss, lasting almost a minute. I pulled away, gently wiping Oka's mouth with my thumb. She looked up at me and blinked. I looked down at her, solemnly. She sat up and kept staring at me. I stared back at her.

"Your lips are soft. . ." she told me.

I felt my face turn red again and rubbed the back of my neck. "Thank you. . ."

We never spoke about that again.

Just about three days before school finally started, we all wanted to hang out around the streets. We bought a bunch of things to snack on, fatten us up, but the only person who complained was Oka, who needed a few pounds.