Garden

{Oka's POV}

I felt kinda bad about lying to my friends. I'm just not ready to tell them 'cause they'd go crazy. I opened ths car door and sat down. I looked at Budo, he gave me a smile.

"Hey, babe," he said.

"Hi," I replied, putting the seatbelt on.

He gave me small kiss on my cheek and started the car. Then drove away from the farm. I put on the radio and leaned back, listening to the songs from the alternative station. Budo never seemed to mind. He minded a lot of things, but he never minded the radio station. It comforted me knowing he liked the same music I did. Made me feel better.

"How's your dance classes?" he asked.

"They're fine. . . Yui keeps picking on me, but I don't care anymore. . ." I replied.

"She's a bitch," he said, moving the steering wheel.

"I guess you could say that. . ."

I leaned on the window and looked out of it. It was a nice day. The weather was nice, it was a little cloudy, the air was warm, and the cherry blossom petals were scattered everywhere.

I always liked this time of year. It's beautiful. It calms me, with all the stress that's been going on. I want to sit under one of the trees and drink some tea. With my friends. I actually don't want Budo with me during my time of relaxation.

Every time I try to relax, he always seems to interrupt me. It's kinda annoying, I need time for myself. But I know he just wants to spend time with me.

I wanna stay under the cherry tree and sleep while my friends chat. I know they'll stack the petals on my body and they'll laugh. But I'll find it warm and curl up like a cat. I can hear Supana's evil snickers and Kuma's soft giggles. Shin telling them to stop, and Daku not giving a shit. And especially Chojo whining over how mean they were. It would be a paradise.

"We're here," Budo said parking the car.

I snapped out of my daydream and looked around. "Where are we?"

"At a public garden. I thought you'd might like it," he replied. How sweet.

"I love it already. . ." I said.

We got out of the car, I stretched upwards while Budo locked the car. He took my hand and we started to walk into the garden. There were people there, sitting in fancy tables and drinking luxurious teas. But we teenagers with about 5000¥, and couldn't afford anything over that amount, so we were planning to drink some regular tea. Budo pulled out a chair for me to sit in, I sat and he pushed me in, then took his seat. I started to look at the tea menus and immediately looked for the cheapest ones. We both agreed on hibiscus tea. And tea biscuits.

"How's my favorite girl?" Budo asked.

"Mimi's fine. She's still fluffy," I replied.

"Aww. How's my other favorite girl?" he asked again.

"I okay. . .I'm tired. . ." I replied, looking into my lap and fiddling with my hands.

"Is ballet that tiring?"

"Well, yes. .it's dance. . .but. . .oh, never mind. . ." I sighed.

"What? What is it?" He reached across the table for my hand. I gently gave it to him.

"Nothing. . ."

"Is it that depression thing again? You just gotta be happy, that's all."

". . ."

I stayed silent. . . Budo doesn't really understand these things. Thankfully, the butler, I think, came to us and asked if we were ready with our selections. Budo told him what we wanted and the butler went to get our snack. Budo began to rub my hand, feeling my knuckles and the dents on them. I sighed a little and covered my mouth to yawn. I'm still very tired. But then, something caught my eye. I looked over to small rose bush, where two little bunny rabbits were chewing on some leaves. My heart melted instantly.

"Aww. . ." I said. "Look."

I got up from my seat and went to the rose bush. I gave my hand to the rabbits for them to sniff first before I could pet them. They accept me, so I sat down and began to pet them gently. They were so cute.

"Budo, look," I called out for him.

But Budo wasn't very happy. He looked upset. He always does when I do things like these. I'm interested, so I decide to go and look closer. It was one of the things that he minded. It made me sad.

"Leave the bunnies alone," he said.

I sighed and went back to my seat. I wish he'd let me have more freedom.