First Time they Met

It was 1st grade. Shin Higaku got of the bus and ran into the school. "Huh, it's pretty big. But not that scary as I thought." Shin said to himself. He walked up the stairs and into the hallway. "Hello there. Do you need to find your classroom?" A teacher said. He nodded. The teacher held his hand and walked him to his class. He was in home room 108 (That was my class in 1st grade. I'm 6th now.) He walked in. Shin was very shy so he hid behind his hair.

   "Hello class. I'm your teacher. Ms. Tatsuki. Now I'll a sign some seats." Ms. Tatsuki greeted. Shin was still behind his hair. Until he looked over to his left. There was a girl in pigtails and a butterfly pin. She wore a uniform just like everyone else. She wore a locket necklace, and had a book in her hand. Her hair was the same color as his. Her eyes seem to shine like purple stars. Her face wore a bright smile.

   She was only few feet away. Shin was next to two boys. He recognized one. It was his friend Daku Astu. He wore glasses and the uniform. His hair was short. And he didn't look as excited. The other was someone he never seen before. His hair was spiky and he wore a headband. His hair was black. He looked over to the girl again. She started to walk over to a table the teacher a signed. She sat down. Her smile wasn't there anymore. She clenched her necklace. "Little boy, please sit next to her. I don't want anyone having a frown on their face." Ms. Tatsuki said leading Shin to the table.

   Shin sat done. He didn't say anything. "Um.... hi." The girl said timidly. "H-hi." He replied. Shin was still to shy to talk. "That's a... that's a nice locket you have." Shin said trying to get to know the girl. "Thank you. My parents gave it. I've never had a unique one like this." She replied. "What is it that makes it so unique?" He asked.

   "When I open it, it plays 'Children of the Night'." She replied with a smile. That's really cute. Should I ask her to open it or no? Hm... I don't want her to get in trouble. I just met her. Shin thought. She opened it anyway. It was a soft tune. (If you'd like to here it. It's called Children of the Night music box and bell.) Like a lullaby. "I never heard that song. Can you sing it?" Shin asked again.

   The girl shook her head. "I'm sorry I can't. My voice is pretty terrible." She replied. "Now class I'd like to know you all. Please stand up and once I point at you, you say your name and something about you." Ms. Tatsuki said. Everyone stood up. Ms. Tatsuki pointed at the girl first. She started speak. "Hello. My name is Oka Ruto. And I have a locket that can play music." Oka said. Then the teacher pointed at Shin. "My name is Shin Higaku, but you can call me Shin-kun. I like supernatural things." Shin said. The teacher pointed at the boy at the table next to him. "Hello my name is Budo Masuto and I can do karate." Oka waved at him. He waved back.