"Storm in the Heart"

TheAWESOMEauthor: Here's next part~

As it was powerfully slammed closed, the squad stared with wide opened eyes at the noisless cheap wooden door for quite a second. Still frozen on their chairs, each wondered about what is literally happening with Mikasa. Eren then latterly stood from his seat to somehow peek at the translucent window tracking hardly with his eyes Mikasa's vague figure while the heavy rain droplets smears his clear vision.

"I can't see her anymore.", Eren uttered with actual concern.

Meanwhile...

Before Mikasa could open the umbrella completely, she swiftly dashed into the shaded and wet meadows. Despite the thunderstorm, she continued running as its vigorous wind aggressively pushes against her weak umbrella and its heavy rain continues to fall without any sign of rest.

Barely even seeing, she ran and stopped to the area where they were according to what she can confidentally remember... yet the Captain was not there. The rain was pouring harshly as if all she could hear was just the rapid sound of water splatting at any solid surface of the ground. Mikasa started searching. Because of the thick fog, her eyes became distressed.

"Captain! Captain!", she yelled hoping that her voice can some way reach the Captain. "Captain! Heichou!...", she continued calling out as loud as she can. Her high pitched voice merged with the noise of the rain and the raucous rustle of the dancing grasses. It was difficult for calls to be heard, but Mikasa never stopped.

While crying out "Captain" consecutively, Mikasa felt awfully irresponsible. She had a mixed of emotions. She was anxious, worried, scared and downhearted. Then she grew a heavy feeling in her chest that made her eyes teary... that made her want to cry. Fighting through the tears and waters that blurs her sight, her eyes desperately searches for Captain Levi as she hunts for any shadow or shape in the massive mist.

"Captain!!.. please...", she came to a brief stop, speaking to herself, "If only... I did not let my emotions take over me like that... I knew the Captain was still sick.. but.. yet still...I resulted to act that way. He won't survive in a cold heavy rain like this... for this long... I'm sorry heichou." In that very instance, everything she ever desired and wished for was just to find Levi.. to see him again.

"Captain!!.. Captain!! Captain!!", she wailed louder and louder in each call as she looks sporadically to any view.

"Captain!!.. Captain!....LEVIII!!!!"

Mikasa yelled as her voice was engulfed by the roaring vibration of lightning. She had used every ounce of her voice to yell out that one last call.. a call by his bare name. When she grasp for air, she just realized her vocal chords were already sore and dry.

"Levi heichou...", she whispered soundlessly wherein she can't hold it in any longer. A jolt of helplessness smacked her chest as she let her tears fall slowly from her eyes to her cheeks, just like the raindrops on a glass stained window.

She whimpered on her own in the midst of the chilly damp darkness, until... she sensed someone's cold hand gripping hers as it also holds the umbrella.

"It's fucking cold, brat..."