"Her Past with Him"

TheAWESOMEauthor: Again, I want to apologize for making my readers wait. I will try my best to make the chapters early as possible XD.

Credits to @FairyTailforLYF5657 for great ideas!

What could be the backstory between Petra and Levi which involves Levi's former squad?

In the next day...

The clear and cloudless sky with its exposed brilliant and rich sunshine seems to glare upon the small wooden cabin where the Captain Levi's squad is busy cleaning every inch and corner of the place.

As usual, each of them are assigned with their consistent and daily chores under Captain Levi's orders. Eren and Jean are in the horses' stable, Sasha is dusting the shelves..tables..rooms and furniture, Connie is sweeping the leaves..dirt..molds and hair on the ground, Armin is wiping the windows, Mikasa is washing the dishes that were used last night's gathering, while Levi is busy doing his own business in his room, maybe doing his paperwork.

In a meanwhile...

Compared with the others, Mikasa finished washing the dishes before time. She gently placed the cleansed dishes inside the closet. After then, she planned to check how Eren was doing. After all, she missed doing her sort of job eversince Levi heichou took her with him.

As she was about to go. She passed by and noticed the recent girl who arrived just yesterday which was Petra Ral. She spotted her cleaning by scrubbing the floor making it as spotless as she could, although Mikasa didn't hear Captain Levi instructing Petra to help the squad in cleaning.

"Maybe she had the initiative to be of service to Captain Levi.", Mikasa thought herself. She felt eager to know who this old friend of Commander Hanji and Captain Levi is, so instead she approached Petra in the nicest and friendliest way as she could.

"Good morning Petra san..", Mikasa greeted softly as she walks towards Petra.

"Good morning", Petra answered back as she stopped scrubbing the floor as soon as Mikasa came. "You must be Mikasa Ackerman. We didn't get to chat along properly yesterday,since I encountered with your friends first before I run into you. Everyone told me you're really strong and fast that you can even keep up to heichou's standards and skills. That's amazing!"

Mikasa replied, "Yeah, I guess.. By the way I'd like to thank you for your kindness and eagerness to cook dinner for us. It was delicious." "Oh that was nothing."

Petra continued wiping the floor. Since she finished her work, Mikasa volunteered herself. She sat down next to Petra and lends her a hand on cleaning the floor.

Petra insisted efficiently, "Mikasa I don't need any of your help. I can do it myself. It's too nice for you to-"

"It's fine. I wanted to help and make things easier and faster for everyone.", She cut Petra's sentence and persisted to help her.

"You're really helpful.", Petra complemented. "Don't mention it. I'm just doing what I can do.", Mikasa replied.

"I bet you find it frightening to be alone with the Captain especially for a whole week.", she teases.

" No...not really", she gave her response.

Petra seemed to be astonished by her reply. "You really are different Mikasa. Yesterday, I asked your squad members or your friends about him and they seem to have the same opinions with Captain Levi."

"I speculated that almost everyone sees him that way, but I think Captain Levi is a great person." Mikasa added as her lips shown a slight curve of smile while scrubbing the floor.

"I think the same way too!" Petra smiled widely and said pleasingly in the same opinion just as she stopped scrubbing the floor in that second while counting every positive trait she could find using her fingers, " Captain Levi is such a good person. He's so caring... so strong... so handsome and muscular, despite of his height.", she giggles a little and continues praising him. "He's also so brave, courageous and very amazing in any way he can."

She begun narrating her story and words were spitting out of her mouth continuously while Mikasa was just listening to her, "You see...I've known the Captain ,since when I was still one of the member or a cadet in the Survey Corps and I've always admired Captain Levi.. I mean!.. everyone knows that he is the strongest soldier in the Survey Corps, so I've always trained myself to be the best I can. Fortunately, I was one of the chosen cadets to be part of heichou's "old" squad along side with Orou, Eld and Gunther. I was full of joy in that moment as soon as I knew I was actually chosen and if I was even worth to be part of it.

"Everything was doing good. It seemed like I've found a new place to fit in. We built strong bonds together and made such a powerful trust to one another to continue to live...until everything just drastically changed, when we went to an expedition."

Petra's smile slowly faded in that brief moment as she recollects all her flashbacks and memories in the past. Mikasa noticed this too.

"My friends... they died in that expedition. I wasn't focused and prepared on what could happen. In addition, I was also suppose to die along with my friends, but the Captain..."

"The Captain saved me...He's the reason why I'm still alive right now.", she told her while showing an air of appreciation.

"May I ask why you left the Survey Corps?", She asked as her face expressed curiosity.

"Honestly, I'm not really certain, but a clear reason is that I am simply scared... to die.", she answered in a downcast way with a gloomy tone of voice. "After seeing deaths from the closest people I have, it made my blood run cold. I know I sound like a coward. Instead of showing gratitude to the Captain, I left and went to the Military Police leaving him all alone. And up to now... I still feel guilty."

Petra's eyes began to look watery, but not enough for tears to run down her cheeks.

"I'm sorry for hearing those.", Mikasa said feeling sorry for her.

TheAWESOMEauthor: Made a cute love triangle picture of Mikasa, Levi and Petra chibi❤

I had to bend the storyline a little to make things happen XD))!