Chapter 17

December 25, 2016

Christmas.
I don't know what it means to you. But to me it's mostly about family and Jesus, of course, without him we wouldn't even be having the holiday.When I was younger and grandmother Lucinda came to visit, we would always go to church. Paige and I will be dressed up in pretty dresses after opening our presents under the tree. We would have a family dinner afterwards.

She came even after dad left, she stayed longer because this was the time of the year mom couldn't handle being alone. She would make us hot chocolates in the evening and we'll all sit together and watch whatever Christmas movie was showing.

She's the only grandparent I know. Dad's mom died when we were really young, I can barely remember her. His dad a year before I was born and mom's dad, well they never talk about it. He had cancer, that's all they ever say. He was a great man, then he died. I saw how sad they got when I asked so I just stopped.

Andrew and I don't have a particular way we celebrate. Every year is never the same. Some we spent it with my mom and Paige, another's with his parents and some at home, just us.

"London?"

I wake up to someone playing with my hair. When I open my eyes I realize I'm lying on Andrew's chest, still on the floor.

"Merry Christmas," He says and I move to lie well beside him so that I can see his face.

"Merry Christmas"

"We should get downstairs," Andrew says. " Tiffany's orders"

I laugh. "What exactly did she say?"

"Get up love birds, present opening isn't going to wait for you"

"You put our presents under the tree right" I sit up.

Andrew crosses his hand over his chest and closes his eyes while murmuring, "of course I did"

"Wake up," I poke his stomach.

"I will, go get ready"

"I'm going down like this"

He opens one eye, "No way,"

" I'm wearing shorts and a tank top, it's hardly indecent"

"I don't care. Jonathan is down there"

"Fine, I'll let your alpha male attitude slide because it's Christmas"

After brushing our teeth, I throw a robe on and Andrew puts on a top.

When we get downstairs, as usual, we are the last ones there. There aren't enough seats so Paige is sitting crossed legged on the carpet, Jonathan and Sam are sitting in the arm chairs, leaving a space beside Henri for us. Tiffany is sitting on the arm rest near Henri wearing Henri shirt.

And Andrew is complaining about my shorts and tank top.

"Finally!" Dramatic Paige says.

Andrew sits and pulls me into his lap," I created space for you to sit" He grins

"No, thanks." Paige cringes

"I offered for her to sit on me, she refused" Sam says. He places a hand on his chest like he's been wounded.

"In your dreams, Dunham"

"You want to be in my dreams, Simmons?"

Paige scoffs while Sam winks at her.

"I'll go first" Tiffany says. She goes to the tree and hands us each her present to us. She got Paige and I a really expensive bag each and the boys, including Jonathan, got one of those designer shirts.

Next was Sam, he got us all gift cards to Walmart. Paige told him his gift is the worst and proceeded to share hers.

"I had to get yours as last minute," Paige says to Jonathan

"No problem, I am even shocked I'm getting things"

"It's Christmas, I can get over my hatred for you for one day"

Jonathan chuckles, " And we are back to that"

His turn was next, he gave us all coupons,then Andrew, his gift giving was better than last year. This year he got me a pair of heels I have wanted for a while. I got Paige and Tiffany diamond earrings and a necklace with their name on it and to the guys, watches. After Henri gives us his gifts.

"Okay people so we are going out for breakfast," Tiff says.

"Yes mother," I smile

"Watch it, Simmons"

"She's a mama bear" Sam says. "Always has, always will be"

"I won't mind leaving you here alone." Tiff says.

We have breakfast at a really beautiful cafe which Henri built and owns. The place has wooden floors and floor to ceiling windows on every wall expect the back. There were bookcases at one corner of the room with a reading space, and window seats at another end. It was a place I won't mind coming to over and over again.

"Why haven't we been here yet?" I ask Henri.

"We just opened it two weeks ago and we were still setting up" He answers

"Well I would love if you could relocate all this to my living room. It's beautiful" Paige says.

"Sorry, Paige, but it's not going to happen," He laughs. "But you are always welcome here"

"Yh, I'll just borrow your plane, Andrew" Paige says.

"All yours," Andrew sips his coffee.

"You have school, Paige,"

She ignores me.

After breakfast Tiff sends me to her favorite place every time they come up here. A room in the house that resembled a cinema

"What's wrong?" I ask

"Nothing" She says.

"I know you better than that," I smile at her. I place my hand over hers. "Spill Tippy"

"Really? We are back to that" She smiles back at me, a really small one but still, progress.

"Yh, I haven't called you that in a while"

"We were 5 ," Tiff says. "I think we can say we've outgrown the name"

"What's up?" I ask

"Does Henri seem weird to you?"

"Not really but I don't really know the guy"

"I'm probably being paranoid but the last time I was suspicious I was getting cheated on"

"Hey, don't go there, Henri loves you"

"Yh, you're probably right" She picks at her sweater. "And another thing, I saw you with Nathan. When Paige and I came back from shopping. I know, you never got over him or maybe you did but with him here you are doubting everything you have with Andrew and I don't want you to. I love you, London and I don't trust Jonathan. Just really think it through before you end up breaking the best thing that has ever happened to you"

Tears are falling down my cheeks as she pulls me into a hug. "I'm so confused"

"I'm here for you" She says.

"That offer goes both ways," I say over her shoulder.

"It's Christmas, we shouldn't be crying" Tiff says as she wipes the tears off her face with her fingers. "How about some martinis and chocolate chip cookies?"

I smile at her.