Chapter 8

Dedicated to @ItsYourBishAng for the beautiful cover.

November 10, 2016.

It's thursday. I badly wanted to stay in bed all day with Andrew but I have an appointment with Vienna Clark.

"Do you have to go? You can reschedule" Andrew says.

"Nope, it has to be today" He sits up in bed. I go to him and give him a quick kiss. He holds my hand and pulls me to sit on his lap, he wraps his hand around my waist.

"Don't go," he pleaded and buried his face in my hair.

"Let go" I try to wiggle out of his grip but his was too strong.

"I'm going to get a boner if you don't stop doing that" He says and I blush.

"Omg, let go" I say and he removes his hand. I power walk to the door.

"Bye" I blow him a kiss which he catches and places on his heart.

I close the door behind me and lean on it for a while. My face probably looks like a tomato right now and dont want to explain to everyone I pass on the way to the car, why I look like that.

By 9 am, I was in front of 'Clark Enterprise'. Her assistant sent me to her office.

"Great to see you again, London" She greets me with a hug.

"Likewise, Mrs. Clark" I say.

"Please call me Vienna, " Vienna smiled. "Have a seat"

"Thank you" I sit on the couch in her office.

"Sean told me about what you did for him and I was shocked. How old are you dear?" She asks.

"24, I'll be 25 in December" I say.

"Wow, I wasn't as successful as you until I was 35" Vienna showered me with praises.

"Thank you, " I say. If Arthur hadn't hired me immediately after I completed, I don't think I would be in this position right now. I owe it all to him.

"I want to divorce my husband but I don't want it messy" She says. I stare at her in confusion. Karl and her look so in love when I met them on Tuesday.

"Don't give me that look," Vienna says.

"Why?" I ask. "Why do you want a divorce? "

"I can't take it anymore, he is a monster. I have tried so hard but I can't anymore" She says.

"What about your child? " I ask.

"Children. I have two," She says. "Janet and Sarah"

"Do they know? "

"Janet is married and Sarah is in college, they are never at home and besides we act all hugs and kisses around them" She says.

"But Vienna ---"

She cuts in before I can finish, " I know what you about to say, it will destroy them to know that their parents are having a divorce but London, I just can't take it anymore, he is not the man I married"

"Okay but why me? There has to be good lawyers in Spain" I say.

"Oh there are, but Karl will see the divorce from a mile away" Vienna says.

"Alright, I'll call you" I grab my bag.

"Thank you" She smiles and hugs me.

"You're welcome"

I go back to the hotel after having coffee at a nearby cafe.

"How did it go?" Andrew asks once I enter. He is still in bed watching movies on his laptop.