Sounds of rain and comfort

Should I consider this angst or fluff?.... Or a hurt/comfort story!

________________________________

It was a quite a gloomy day on the server. Instead of the sun showering it's usual light casting the buildings' shadows, it was dark grey clouds pouring tons of tiny raindrops that soaked the whole district.

A handful of hermits were scattered all over the place, some sheltered in their own shops while others flew back to their bases even if it meant risking their poor lives. And some... were still shopping for more resources, aka the stubborn ones.

Rainy days weren't really Ren's best days, especially his phobia for thunderstorms. While he's slowly conquering that fear, he's still not entirely brave yet.

Ren sprinted to the closest shop in the area, the Boomer's bomb services. He slammed the door open, entered the building, and had a struggle closing the door until he was able to shut it close.

"Looking for shelter too?"

Ren quietly gasped and looked back inside the dark building. A brunette with a soaked black shirt sat behind the counter with one or two shulkers boxes tidied up beside him. Both his arms cradled his knees, like he tried to comfort himself from the cold atmosphere.

"Ahh Impulse, didn't see you there," he smiled, walking to the redstoner. Impulse stared at Ren for a sec, his eyebrows furrowed of worry and his expression looked a bit nervous. "Ren, aren't you afraid of thunderstorms?"

Ren's face went blank, till he showed an embarrassed look with a nervous little chuckle. " Kinda. Sorry if I'll be gasping or jumping a lot," he laughed heartily.

Both Ren and Impulse just stayed there in the dark room, silent but not really awkward, more like they enjoyed their presence. Impulse continued to rest his bum on the floor for unknown reasons while Ren sat on the counter, playing with his fingers around the TNT block.

While Impulse is a rather chill hermit, he was relatively quiet. Ren was alright if he didn't want to talk but Impulse looked a bit cautious... I stared at him for a couple of seconds till he stared back at me and gave me a warm smile.

I nodded my head, sharing the same welcoming presence.

*BOOM*

"YAHHH!" Ren yelped from the counter, but still stayed at his position as he watched the lightning illuminating through the window. He let out a big sigh and chuckled again. "Sorry about that Impulse, hope you can put up with me-"

Ren turned back to the hermit but only to witness something... quite bizarre. Impulse was suddenly in the corner with his face covered between his knees, it was dark but he was able to see his body trembling.

Ren forgotten about his fast beating heart from the thunder and quietly tiptoed behind the counter. He kneeled one leg on the floor and stared worriedly at the hermit. "Impulse, you alright ?" he asked.

Impulse 's head slowly moved up from his knees, but tried to avoid eye contact from Ren. His eyes squinted of pure fear and tiny drops of cold sweat sticking near his forehead. "Yeah... I'm al-right..." he muttered quietly.

*BOOOM*

Ren jumped again from his position and stared at the window once again, more lightning illuminated the whole room. Impulse attempted to hold back a shriek escaping his voice which led to a small whimper. He shut his eyes close and compressed his legs closer to his stomach for him to hug.

He finally understood what's going on and he could relate to Impulse. "Impulse... do you have astraphobia?" Ren asked softly.

The Boomer stayed silent for the moment, but when another sound of thunder boomed louder than before, his eyes widened and he no longer tried to be brave. Impulse raised both his hands and covered his ears from the sound, with his eyes shut so hard that he tried to surpass a sob.