Chapter 5- Her Old Escort

Leafy's POV: 

The sweet smell of my mom's perfume... "Wow what a wonderful start of the day!" I said while putting on my sweater. I head down stairs, grab a piece of toast and headed inside my car. Since I'm not legal to drive yet, someone else does it for me. I look outside of the window and saw my mother bawling her eyes out. "Mom are you okay?" I asked. "No dear, it's just that it feels awkward without you here every single day." I quickly got out and hugged her. "I'll call you later lunch break mom, promise." I got back in the car and headed to school. 

I looked outside and was astonished by the view. Oh the beauty of the clouds, the sunrise, and the lanes. "Ms. Green I do suggest taking a nap first since school is still a an hour drive away." My driver said. Not gonna lie, I don't feel like sleeping as of now. The beautiful view outside is something I don't wanna miss. Think of it as a lunar eclipse, no one would ever miss it, unless they aren't that interested in astronomy. "Hey driver sir, can we stop by Mcdonalds? Just wanna get a quick snack and drink." He nodded and started to change the GPS location. "Wow, the clouds are pink! I gotta take a few pics of that." I pulled my phone out of my backpack and started to take some pictures. 

"Ms Green we've arrived." Said the driver while looking for a parking spot. I got out of the car and went inside. "OMG Ms. Green we are very honored to have you here!" said one of the employees. I headed to the counter and took my order. "Hello, there ms.! I would love a sausage McMuffin with eggs, pancakes, hashbrown, and coffee." "Mhm alright, the total is $6.25." I pulled out my wallet and paid. "Ms. Green here is your order please double check it." Said the counter lady as she handed out the paper bag to me. "Everything is here now, thank you!" I waved goodbye, headed back in the car, and drove off to school. 

I took a bite of the hashbrown while scrolling through Instagram. I really do love the art of Professor 6. Even though she's my History teacher, she probably took visual arts as a course in college. Another is  Professor 4's page, he really does love singing. Not gonna lie, most of his songs are really touching. "Ms. Green we are about 10 minutes away so be prepared." The driver said. I grabbed my backpack and got ready. "We are here Ms." "Thank you, sir, goodbye now!" I stepped out of the car and there were a lot of people surrounding me. 

"Ms. Green, how's your experience so far in this school?"

"Ms Green are there any problems with the students here? Are they disrespectful?"

"Ms. Green.." "Ms. Green.." "Ms. Green"

Oh the paparazzi's, a huge problem with mine. I don't have a problem with them asking questions it's just that the flashing lights from their cameras hurt. "Sorry guys but I don't have the time to entertain any questions, you can ask me again after school." They sighed and left. 

I stepped into the building and once again, the two tall sticks came up to me. "Hey Leafy, wanna, like, come sit with us for lunch? Pence-pence and I assigned, like, a perfect and beautiful place for you to stay!" One student said, I think her name is Match as I could remember and the other one is Pencil. "Oooooo I'm kinda interested in this special place you call. So what time should I go?" I asked with excitement. "Oh it's gonna be at lunch, the whole batch is gonna be there since we invited them." Said Pencil. "Say Leafy, wanna, like, make us give you another tour of the school? That flame guy didn't really treat you properly yesterday." "He is obviously jealous Matchy, Leafy has the fame and fans while he doesn't." "Well, I'm actually kinda good so no thank you." They looked at me with a pretty disappointed face. 'Well, bye then Leafy." I waved at them and headed to my locker."

I opened up my locker and grabbed the materials I need. "Science and Artbook, check. Notebooks, check. Pencil case, che-"  And I hit my head on the locker door. "OMG MS. GREEN I'M SO SORRY." Said a student, his voice sounds familiar. I got up and took a look at him. "OH MY TREE GELATIN ITS YOU!" He looked at me with a surprised face. "you still remember me??!!" "of course i do silly! you were the escort while I was the muse (*note: escort means the most handsome and the muse is the most beautiful) back in elementary." I then took a picture out of my bag. "See we were like in the 2nd grade that time!" He looked at the picture and sighed. "Oh I wish I was still taller than you." I burst out of laughter, some objects started looked at us with a confused face. "GRHEHHSHA HAVE YOU EVEN TRIED GETTING ENOUGH SLEEP?" "I-I uhh no.." He said with a blushing expression. "NOTHING CHANGED WITH YOU HUH HAHAAHHA-" "BE QUIET ATLEAST MY GRADES GOT HIGHER!" "STOP MAKING MY LAUGH I SWEAR ON THE NUMBER LORDS IM GOING TO CHOKE." 'IM NOT EVEN MAKING YOU LAUGH. YOU'RE MAKING YOURSELF LAUGH.

I kept on laughing 'til i felt someone tapping my shoulder. "Hey Leafy and Gelatin, both of you need to stop. The whole batch heard pretty much the whole conversation." Golfball said, I turned around and saw pretty much everyone I know so far staring at the two of us. Then the hallway became silent. *bell rings*. The bell rang, pretty much everyone started rushing to their first class. "Say Gelatin, what's your first class today?" I asked. "Oh, I have Science first!" "Really?? Same here. Wanna walk to class together?" I asked, he nodded. "Wait so science class is in classroom 4A right?" "Yessir Gelly." We arrived at the classroom. "Bingo! There 2 more seats and it's beside each other. Wanna sit beside each other Leafster?" He asked, I burst out of laughter again. "LEAFSTER WHEGHAHASH THAT'S A FUNNY NICKNAME! Oh and sure I'd love to sit beside you." We then sat down and talked about our elementary lives while waiting for Professor 7.

"REMEMBER THE TIME YOU ATE A TADPOLE?" 

"BE QUIET LEAFY I THOUGHT IT WAS BUBBLEGUM! BUT HEY REMEMBER WHEN YOU CRIED SINCE SOMEONE WON'T LET YOU ON THE SWINGS."

"OH NO NOT THAT TIME. I WAS REALLY SENSITIVE."

Then Professor 7 came into the room and it went silent. "Hello class, today we are going to learn about Taxonomy and 8 of it's levels. Now take out your science book and turn to page 169. We will do recitations to see if you've read at least 2 pages of it." I looked across the room and saw Firey sighing. He must've not read the book. I decided to quickly text him some notes I took while reading it. He then got the notification and smiled, he took a glance at me and did some hand signals. "Thank you" is what he said. 

"Alright, so what are the first 3 stages of Taxonomy Mr. Firey?" He looked nervous to recite. He looked at me and I looked at him. I pulled out a thumbs up and smiled. He now looks more confident. "Sir, the first 3 stages of Taxonomy are Domain, Kingdom and Phylum." "Well done Firey. You can take a seat now." Professor 7 started calling every student, including me. So far, only a few students got the questions wrong. "I see just a few of you didn't get to read it but that's alright. Now we will furthermore discuss Taxonomy. Remember, this will pop up in your final exam so all of you better listen. " He said, well this is going to be a long class.

~Time Skip~

"Alright that's all for it today, class dismissed." Professor 7 then left the room. A lot of students then started running out of the door. I decided to just walk out since I don't want to drain my energy. "Hey Leafy, thank you for helping me out during the recitation. I owe you a lot" said Firey. "No it's okay I just like helping objects out!" "Oh and Leafy wanna-" 'HEY LEAFSTER" Gelatin yelled and came out of the room. He was wearing a cap now and some chains. "OH WOW GELATIN YOU DO BE LOOKIN' POG." "HAHA I KNOW. Anyways I have English next how about you?" "Oh same I have English! Wanna walk together again?" "Of course I do!" He said and pulled my hand. "COME ON LEAFY WE MIGHT BE LATE" "ALRIGHT ALRIGHT IM COMING!" I took one last glance at Firey. "Bye Firey!!" I said, he looked at me with a red face. "See you later Leafy!" I smile and ran to class with Gelatin

**Author's apology note**

heya, everyone, I apologize for not updating this book in like forever. School has been stressful and I've been working a lot. I would try to update this book more amidst the challenges I might be going through. anyways see you all next chapter! :)