Chapter 78

OMNISCIENT
<CryptiC>

UNEDITED

It was eerily silent at the Nasir's

It was eerily silent at the Nasir's.The news came to them as a rude shock. It made no sense. The uncertainty of her state did not ease the shock to her family members. They had immediately asked Nuhu to monitor situation from the Modibbo's.

Rukkayya's mother almost fainted when she heard. Nana sat close to her on the bed fanning her despite the air conditioner. She was confused also. It felt like a scene from a movie, one that lasted too long. She had backed her sleeping baby. Alhaji Nasir was passing the room.

They had called a driver from the park to take them to Abuja earlier that morning. They awaited his arrival in silence each in a puddle of their thoughts.

****

The Modibbo mansion became busy with influx of security personnel ever since the abduction. ME had hired the services of additional security guards to double the security. There was a 24-hour watch on the house. All their phones and computers were monitored just in case the abductors made contact.
As part of the investigation, Rukkayya's phone had been checked thoroughly to see I there would be any helpful information but nothing came.

Ahmad's mind became a battlefield after the war ha been furiously fought. it was hell of some sort and nothing mattered nor made sense anymore. it was as if forced from the pits of hell had been deployed to rain all kinds of torments on him. He felt like he had been carelessly thrown down a deep well that gets deeper with every plunge never reaching rock bottom. He prayed for mercy but he doubted being worthy. He had failed in his primary duty of protecting his wife. He was helpless as they came and took her away,his wife, his heartbeat.

Albi.

the sound of her voice broke on to his thoughts. no, he did not deserve to be called so by her,first as a man and most importantly as a husband. A lone tear trickled down his face. How would he face her people? As if the tears had carried with them realization, Ahmad suddenly got up.

"Ahmad, lafiya?" Muktar asks.

"I have to go out," he says. He had already started to walk out.

"I am going with you," Muktar announces tagging along.

"Fine."

Muktar kept wondering what might be going on in Ahmad's head. One thing was crystal clear, Ahmad was not in his right frame of mind. Who in his position would be?
Muktar was most frightened by how Ahmad has not lamented a single thing to him or to anyone else. He had sealed all his tumultuous feelingsto himself.

As they got on the road, a couple of cars followed closely behind them. Muktar wondered of Ahmad was aware. If at all he was, he showed no sign. They drove for a couple of minutes till they arrived at a close in Apo. They parked close to a house with a huge blue coloured iron gate. the street  was quiet with a few people walking.