Chapter 37

"Look at the moon in the sky, not the one in the lake."
                                                        -Rumi

<unfinished business>
OMNISCIENT

UNEDITED

April 3rd, 2014

April 3rd, 2014.

The Kassim mansion was brimming with people trooping in and out. There was a lot to be done considering how perfectionist the bride to be is. She was in such a good mood as her dreams were about to come through. Hafsat's pink form fitted gown looked radiant as she checked her self out on the mirror. The peach colour looked very good against her skin tone. She could not wait for her groom to see her in it.

She was in such a daze that she didn't hear her phone ring until her friend Salma passed it to her.

"Kitty bride this has been ringing for a while now!"

"Is it my husband?"

"Oh my God!" Salma rolled her eyes. "No, its some unsaved number."

"Ignore it," Hafsat smoothed her hands over the soft fabric, the outfit had turned out better than she imagined.

"What if its prince charming calling with someone else's phone?"

"Oww, you do have a point. Hand over the phone then wait outside and don't eaves drop on a husband and wife!" Hafsat warned with a bright smile on her well made up face. Salma was the only one allowed in the room when the bride was getting dressed because Hafsat wanted to wow everyone at once.

"Hello beautiful," a deep voice that didn't belong to her groom said.

She could recognize that even in her deepest slumber. She knew too well what hearing from him at that time meant. Hafsat swallowed as she felt her tongue go dry immediately.

"Ridwan? What do you want?"

"Oww come on now, Haf, is that any way to greet an old friend?"

"I'm sssorry but I'm very busy at the moment, I can't talk." The first thing she would do after the call was get rid of that sim. How on earth did he get her number?

It had been ages..then again...its Ridwan, he could do and undo.

"Nah...I'm sure you've got time for this since its got to do with the reason for your busy schedule." Hafsat's heartbeat accelerated, she thought she was over all his tricks and threats but the sweats on her palm were proved her wrong.