Chapter 62

This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet.
  -Rumi

*Yielding*

OMNISCIENT

UNEDITED

Similar to droplets of rain in a barren land, a coolness was slipping between the crevices of two hearts

Similar to droplets of rain in a barren land, a coolness was slipping between the crevices of two hearts. While both were smart enough to know what was happening, the beautiful of it all was how they let the mystery carry them along with it in to its countless mazes of thrilling adventures. As if a small conspiracy had been planned by both, they left their thoughts far behind a dark curtain, and just let the droplets cool their long starved souls. The coolness was much needed, so their souls took a back seat and enjoyed the heavenly ride.

“You know I went to Ya Nasir’s house yesterday and I was telling Anty Halima how I wished I could see how you look. I can imagine just how round you have gotten,” Rukayya mocks her almost nine months pregnant sister. They communicated more often as the days’ draw nearer. Although Nana was yet to reach even one of her EDD dates, she was quite anxious and afraid, so she turned to her sister for support.

“As round as the word itself,” Nana concedes.

“Ooooh! Now I really can’t wait to see you, You never admit anything to be true but since you just gave up, I know you must be four times your usual size  by now.”

“You are such a fool Rukky! This is my first pregnancy and there is just one child in there, its not as round as your silly mind thinks, duh!”

Rukkayya dissolves in to laughter. She knew Nana would never go down without a fight. “If that is true, why do you always reject my video calls?”

Nana rolls her eyes even though she knew her sister couldn’t see it. “ So you can mock my appearance? No, thank you! So how far with your photography internship?”

“Hey! I’m not an intern! All my instructors have commended my growing skills,” Rukkayya brags.

“Abeggi, Lugwa yi wo gan! So what big plans do you have? I know you’re always planning.”

“Well, Mammy thinks a photo exhibition would be a good idea so I want to work towards that, well I’ve kind of already stated. But I’m thinking I should set up a studio here at home…I mean we have so much space that we are not using,”

“I mean that is such a good idea, I’m excited for you. I know you are going to give it your all, I pray Allah makes it easy for you.”

“Ameen, Thanks sissy dear”

“You are welcome, talk to you later.”

The line went dead.

“How about we get to work?” A voice from behind her says making her turn around instinctively.