< t w e n t y s e v e n >

~edited~

"Benjamin!" I looked up at him, "Can you drive me home?" I asked with a pleading look in my eyes.

"I'm drunk, Cherry. I can't have anything happen to either of our beautiful faces." He finally looked at me "Woah what's wrong?" He asked, putting his left hand on my cheek.

"Chase." I cried, looking down.

"Hey, Cher- Woah, what happened?" The voice of Lydia filled my ears.

I looked up to see Benjamin shaking his head at her as she nodded, understanding I wouldn't want to speak about it too much "Can you give us a lift?" Benji asked her and she immediately nodded.

"Where too?"

"My house." I said before Benjamin could get a word in "My dad isn't home so Benjamin can't get in trouble for drinking. You can stay the night too." I said as I took in deep breathes, trying to control my breathe and the tears spilling.

She grabbed her keys out her pocket and we made a b-line to the door, followed by her car.

»

I planted my face into the pillow as Lydia rubbed my back and Benjamin laid next to me.

"He was giving me so much shit, yet he-" I couldn't even finish my sentence, my cries taking over.

"We know, hun." Lydia said, her voice as soft as ever.

I turned to lay on my back, starring at the ceiling "He was giving me so much shit for kissing Zach, yet..." I paused trying to recollect myself "He didn't even try to stop me from leaving." Just about anyone could hear the sadness in my voice as I fiddled with my fingers.

"Hey, it'll be okay bub." Benjamin sat up, now a lot more sober than he was when we had left the party.

"Madison asked if she could come over with some snacks. I told her what happened..." Benjamin said after a few moments of silence.

"I think she's going to come over no matter what I say." I smiled a bit, wiping my tear stained cheeks. "I'm gonna use the bathroom." I said before crawling out of bed and away from the two.

3rd person POV

"I swear, I'm going to kill that fucker." The boy otherwise known as Benjamin Sturbelle said through clenched teeth whilst his favourite cousin sat crying on the bathroom floor without his knowledge.

"I can't believe he pulled that shit. After all she did to get back with him, he just ruined it. I mean literally anyone could see how sorry she was about it." Lydia said, letting a sigh escape from her lips.

Just then there was a knock on the door so the two went downstairs, expecting it to be Madison.

To both of their surprises, their stood Chase with red, puffy eyes and a face stained with salty tears.

"I should punch you right now." Benjamin huffed as Lydia rolled her eyes.

"Why are you here?" The girl asked.

"I-" he stopped himself, not knowing what to say. He didn't know how to apologize to the girl who's heart he just broke; the girl who he loved more than he loved himself "Tell Cheryl I'm sorry." He took in a deep breathe, "And that we're over." He had regretted the words the second they left his mouth.

But there was nothing he could do now. The words had already left his lips and he couldn't take them back, still not knowing Cheryl was standing behind a near door listening in on the conversation the three were having.

Chase felt a tear trickle down his face as he turned around beginning to walk, but was stopped by Benjamin who roughly grabbed his arm.

"That's it?! You fuck some other bitch while dating my family and then break up with her through me?" To say the least Benjamin was infuriated. How could someone break his favorite cousins heart without a care in the world. At least, he thought Chase didn't care.. and Chase wasn't helping his case either.

"Look man," Chase wiped his nose with the sleeve of his shirt "We both know I'm not good for her. One of us was just going to break the others heart eventually. Why waste all the time..." Chase couldn't even comprehend what he was saying. Although they were still in highschool he felt as if she was his soulmate. Ever since he met her, he couldn't imagine a life without her. Although he was doing what he thought was best, deep in his heart he knew that the results wouldn't be good for either of the pair.

"I am so sorry. Maybe, with better luck, she'll find someone else she can love at 2a.m." He smiled as he tried  to avoid the tears that wouldn't stop coming out his eyes, but it felt as though it was inevitable. He couldn't stop crying and neither could the girl listening in on everything he was saying.

She cried silently before running up the stairs and into her bathroom once again, sliding down the door as she brought her knees to her chest as she sobbed.

Neither of the two could believe what had just happened. They hoped and prayed that it was just a nightmare, but it wasn't.

They were broken up.

a/n:

this is NOT the final chapter!

word count: 891