<thirteen>

~edited~

"Well, the year before I moved here I was not doing good in school. You already know that, but I was trying my hardest and it was never good enough. Not for me or for anyone else, especially my dad. That's when I started smoking a lot, but to this day he never found out. About two months before I moved here my mum found out that I started smoking and she flipped. She went on a drive because she needed to clear her head..." I sighed "She ended up getting into a fatal car accident," my eyes were now glossy as I fought the tears trying to escape "She died. I blamed myself for so long and didn't know what to do. I was always with her rather than my father. I mean, don't get me wrong I love my father, but he's always so hard on me and was never as easy going as my mum. Although my mum had just died, my father didn't care at all. He still made me go to school, which I didn't do and instead skipped with my friends. I tore myself apart over it and fucked myself over. My average had became a forty, it's really bad I know. I couldn't vent to anyone because no one understood me. So instead of dealing with things I distracted myself. I was high every day, couldn't go to school sober. I was having breakdowns every fucking night." I took in a deep breathe as I rambled, "I never even got to say goodbye to her..." At this point I was sobbing. Chase pulled me close to him letting me cry on his shoulder "Sorry if that ruined the mood for tonight." I chuckled.

"Not at all. If you ever need someone just know I'm always going to be here for you. If you don't mind me asking, what changed?"

"My dad had eventually realized I wasn't going to school thanks to my sister. He saw how depressed I was getting so he decided I needed a change. At first I was against it because I'd be leaving everything I've ever known, but a few days after he told me I realized it would've been good for me. So my father and I made an agreement that once we moved I'd have to focus on school and become a better person. I didn't know who I was anymore... but now I'm so much better and so glad I moved. I talk to a few of my friends every once in a while, but not much." I looked up at Chase, smiling.

I found myself leaning in and so was he. Soon enough I felt his lips on mine and the kiss lasted a good minute before he pulled away. "Thank you for trusting me with all this. I promise I'll do whatever I can to keep you happy." He wiped away the few tears that were left on my cheeks.

"You know, talking about that with you made me feel a bit better. Also that kiss." I smiled.

"Anytime. For both those things." He pecked my lips "Netflix?" He asked and I nodded.

We put on Lucifer and cuddled up on the trampoline, soon after, falling asleep.

A/N:

This was a short chapter Oopsies

Word count: 555