Fifteen

This chapter is a little odd but it's very important.

On Monday, George stopped Alexander at work and asked him to join him in his office. Alex complied and went with George to his office. He closed the door and sat down.

"So, you were very close to John on Friday." George noted, raising an eyebrow. "Should Eliza be concerned?" He asked.

Alexander sighed a bit, leaning down in the chair. "John's chill. We could be good friends." He mumbled, trying to avoid the question.

George gave Alexander a parenting look. "Are you sleeping with him?" He asked.

Alexander looked down, ashamed as he nodded. "Yeah, I am..." he mumbled, avoiding eye contact.

George sighed. "Alexander, what about your wife? And your son? And your child that's going to be here in just a few months?" He asked, clearly not happy about Alexander having an affair.

Alex frowned and shrugged. "I don't know... it just sort of happened." He muttered. "I mean, yeah, I feel guilty but I genuinely like him, ya know? He's nice and sweet." He added. It was true. Alex genuinely did like John. He was the type of person Alexander knew he loved.

George nodded. "Okay, but listen to me." He said, leaning on the desk, his hands folded together as he looked into Alexander's dull eyes. "Lafayette has told me all about John. The boy is damaged. Don't make him anymore." He said.

"And, you have a family to protect. Don't ruin your home life over this. I can't control what you do, but you have a family. You always said how much you wanted one. Don't throw it away." George added.

Alexander nodded slowly. He had always dreamed of a family and he knew George knew of that dream. He always wanted to be a better dad that his was, even if he was almost sure that abandoning asshole wasn't his actual dad.

"Go get back to work, son..." George said, moving his hands to work on his paperwork.

Alexander stood up. "I'm not your son though." He said, as he normally did when Washington called him son. He just didn't like being called that.

He walked to the door but turned back before he opened it. "Do you think you can love more than one person?" He asked, just wanting to know. He wasn't in love with John, he knew that. He just felt as though he might fall in love with him. But he also was in love with his wife and had been for years. He knew that wouldn't fall anytime soon.

George looked up and nodded slowly. "Yeah, I think you can. But just because you can, doesn't mean you should." He said. Alexander nodded a bit and walked out, back to his desk.

He sighed and began to work again. At lunch, he took his phone out and messaged John.

{I know this is odd to text but would you like to go out? Like just you and I this time?}

He sighed and bit his lip, waiting on a reply before he saw the three typing dots showing up. His anxiety was building up as he waited for a reply.

{sure}

Alexander let out a sigh of relief at the response. He'd tell Eliza he had to work this weekend so he'd have an excuse to stay home.

On Friday, Alexander dropped Philip off with Eliza, who was upset about Alex working but understood. John came over Saturday and him and Alexander hung out before having sex.

This same tradition carried on for weeks of the two going out or just going to one another's place and having sexual relations. There were times where Alexander would spend the weekend with his wife, but most of the time he was with John.

Today was John's birthday. Luckily, it was on a Saturday so Alexander stayed the night after dropping Philip off. Lafayette has given John a small celebration the night before so he could spend his actual birthday with Alexander.

The two were in the bed, a thin sheet concerning them. The sun was setting and they had spent the whole day there, watching tv, making out, having sex, talking, etc.

"How'd you enjoy your birthday, sweet heart?" Alexander asked, facing John while laying in the bed, rubbing his freckled shoulder.

"It was amazing. Thank you for taking the time to spend it with me." John said, giving a smile before he kissed Alexander gently. Alex smiled and kissed back, keeping John close.

The feelings the two shared had grown tremendously and Alexander knew he had fallen in love with his sons teacher. John was still trying to suppress the feelings he developed for Alexander. He wanted to protect the family man as much as he could.

They parted after a moment, Alex testing his head on John's. "Do you want to nap? I don't know about you but I'm quite tired after everything we've done." He said with a small laugh.

John laughed too, nodding a bit. "Yeah." He said, pecking Alexander lips before he turned on his other side.

Alexander stayed how he was facing, wrapping his arms around John and kissing his cheek, gently.

"Goodnight, Alexander." John mumbled, closing his eyes to prepare to nap.

Alexander nuzzled into the back of John's neck. He smiled a bit, deciding to just let the words slip out of his mouth, unaware of the consequences.

"Goodnight John. I love you..."