Six

Alexander bought everything John sent him plus some olives, since Phillip loved olives on his pizza. He also got mushrooms for himself. He got a bag of veggie straws since they were almost out at home and checked out.

Phillip had asked to play a game on Alexander's phone and he said no, as he was in trouble, which caused Phillip to whine. Alexander threatened to give him a spanking in the store. Of course he wouldn't, as he wasn't a fan of that type of punishment but he also knew when it was necessary.

John came over around six, dressed in what he was wearing earlier. "Thank you so much for your help, Mr. Laurens." Alex said.

"Call me John and no problem, Alexander." John said, walking in. Alexander nodded and walked John to the kitchen.

They made pizzas and talked. They chatted about life and such. "Yeah, I grew up in the south. My childhood was great, loving parents, great siblings, money. But then some stuff happened and everything went downhill." John said. He wouldn't go into detail, just scratching the surface as they were cooking.

Alexander nodded. "Well I grew up in the Caribbean. I was very poor and had some bad stuff happen around ten. I moved to New York when I was nineteen and I've stayed here since." He shrugged.

John nodded. "I moved here in June. Shortly after I graduated college." He said, putting the bagels in the oven. "Where did you go to school?" Alexander asked, moving so he was sitting on the counter. "University of London. I got a two year scholarship and I went for four so my parents paid the first two and I paid the rest." He said.

Alexander nodded. "I got a full ride to Kings so I went there and then I went into the army for about a year and a half before I was forced into leaving cause I hurt my hip." He explained. John nodded. "Wow, thank you for serving." He said

Alexander shrugged. "I barely served but you're welcome." He said, laughing a bit. "How old are you?" He asked. "I'll be twenty three in October. You?" John replied.

"I'll be twenty nine in January." Alexander said. "You seeing anyone?" He asked next. John tensed a bit, shaking his head. "Nope..." he mumbled before the oven beeped. John pulled out the bagels from the oven. "Why not?" Alexander asked. "I mean, you're as cute as a button. It seems as though you would have someone drooling over you." He added.

John took a shaky breath. He shrugged. "I'm not drool worthy, I guess." He muttered. "Let those cool for two minutes and they'll be done." He told him, looking at the time. "I've got to get going. I have dinner with a friend tonight." He explained.

"Alright." Alexander said. "Thank you for helping and I hope you'll come and help some more sometime." He added.

John shrugged, "we will see, Alexander. I'll see you sometime. Goodbye." He said, walking to the door. "Bye." Alex hummed.

As John was helping Alexander with dinner, Lafayette was at a local coffee shop, drinking a coffee and swiping people on tinder.

"Excuse me." One mad said to Lafayette, causing him to look up. "Uh, there aren't very many seats left, can I sit here?" The man asked. Lafayette shrugged and nodded. "Oui, sure." He said, sitting in the seat properly.

The man reached his hand out. "I'm George." He said. "Lafayette." Laf replied, shaking George's hand. He looked older. He didn't have hair on his head, though he had a face that suited no hair.

"What do you do for a living, Lafayette?" George asked. "I'm secretary at an office building and I'm in business school." Lafayette explained.

"Oh, what kind of business do you plan on running?" George asked, genuinely curious. "I would like to start my own bakery someday." Lafayette told. "What about you? What do you do for a living?" He asked

"I own a law firm." George said. "Oh really? That must be exciting." Lafayette said. George shrugged. "No, it's pretty boring but I like my employees. I throw them parties all the time." He chuckled.

Lafayette nodded. "Where are you from?" He asked, curious. "I grew up in Virginia and moved to Boston after high school for college and then moved to New York and started my business, which took off." He explained.

Lafayette smiled. "Very cool. I was raised in France but my parents died when I was young so I stayed with my aunt in London. I went to college there and met my best friend before moving her and going to business school." He told.

George frowned. "I'm sorry about your parents but I'm sure you're going to be very successful! You pushed through like a champ." He chuckled. Lafayette laughed too. "Oui." He smiled before checking the time. "Oh mothers, I've got to get home!" He said, standing up.

"Uh- before you go, could we exchange numbers?" George asked. Lafayette smiled gently and nodded. "Oui." he said, unlocking his phone and bringing up the contact app, allowing George to make his.

George did so, texting himself so he would have Lafayette's number. "I-uh-I'll talk to you later!" George said, getting a nod from Lafayette before he left.

Lafayette was grinning like an idiot, super excited over meeting George.