Four

Alexander was driving Phillip to his first day of school.

Alexander was taking him because it was on his way to work.

He drove to the school, looking at Phillip through the rear view mirror. "Are you excited to start school, buddy?" He asked, smiling a bit.

Phillip nodded. "Yes! I can't wait to see Theo and George and William!" He said.

Alexander gave a little laugh. "Well, Daddy will be there to pick you up but then, you've got to stay at Daddy's work for a little bit. Is that okay?" He asked, getting a nod from the child. "Good." He smiled before pulling up to the school, getting out and assisting Phillip our, grabbing his hand.

Alex walked Phillip to his classroom, seeing Mr. Lauren's and smiling gently. "Nice to meet you again." Alexander said, holding his hand out to shake. John smiled sweetly and shook Alexander's hand. "You as well, Mr. Hamilton. I'm so excited to have your little one in my class." He said.

Alexander nodded. "He's a good kid, if you have any issues, call me." He said. It was basic but Alexander kind of hoped Phillip would act bad just so John would call him.

"Okay, Phillip. I've got to go now." Alexander said, bending to Phillip's height. "Okay. Love you daddy." Phillip said, hugging Alexander. He hugged back, kissing his sons head. "Love you too, bud." He said before letting go. Phillip ran into the classroom. He went to Pre K so he wasn't crying.

John smiled kindly to Alexander. "I trust I'll see you this afternoon, Mr. Hamilton?" He asked.

Alexander nodded. "Yes. Call me Alex." He said. The two had a quick parting before leaving. Alexander was blushing by the end of it.

Alexander didn't understand why he was feeling this way so quickly about a person without even knowing them. It was strange and he didn't understand it.

John was blushing after the encounter as well. He was very resistant on feelings though. After losing three people he cared about deeply in the span of two years, he was damaged. It hurt him.

Although teaching wasn't the job he dreamed about, it was the one he ended up having and he knew it had to be this way for a reason. For some odd reason, he thought he went into this profession and met Alexander through it. And yes, that may seem strange to say after barely meeting someone but John felt as though something was pulling them together. He just felt like he needed to know him.

That day, Alex would be spending his lunch break at the doctors with Eliza. It was just an appointment but due to the pain she was having this time around, they were both pretty worried.

Alexander drove to their family doctors building and got out, going to the floor. Eliza told him she was already in the room through text so he didn't worry about walking in on anyone.

"Sorry I'm late." Alexander said as he walked in, pecking Eliza's lips and sitting in a chair by the bed.

"It's fine." Doctor Pendleton said, getting ready to talk. He had already taken Eliza's blood pressure and everyday things he would need to do.

"Alright, so as you know, Eliza's 27 weeks along. Her stomach is growing at a normal pace and the baby looks fine." Alexander let out a sigh of relief as the doctor said that, squeezing Eliza's hand.

"However," Nathaniel Pendleton started again, "the child is resting on your pelvic bone which is the reason the baby is hurting you so much." Eliza gasped and Alexander squeezed her hand.

"To ensure the safety of both you and your child, I'm ordering you stay resting for the remainder of your pregnancy. This means no cooking, cleaning, sex, lifting heavy object, and avoid stressful situations. I suggest avoiding stairs as much as possible as well and climbing in and out of y'all cars. I also suggest staying away from home for a while, just to avoid stressful situations and to have more resting time. Do you have anywhere you can stay?" Nathaniel asked, writing what she can and can't do on a paper.

"We-well, I can stay upstate with my family." Eliza said. Nathaniel nodded. "I suggest doing that for the next three months." He said. "I'll give you a prescription for pain killers to help. I'll start at a low dosage and we can increase if you need." He said, writing out a prescription and handing it to Alexander.

Alex nodded and took the paper. "When do we need to meet again?" He asked, upset Eliza was going to have to leave for a while.

"A month from next Tuesday is my next available. I do want her to come soon because of the pelvic bone issue." Nathaniel said, putting that on a paper he had with him. Alexander nodded and put it in his phone calendar. He checked the time as he did that, knowing he needed to get to work soon.

"I'll see you next month. Rest up, Eliza." The doctor said before leaving. Eliza nodded and put her head in her hands. Alexander was quick to hold her. "Hey, it's alright. Phillip and I will come see you on the weekends, okay? It'll all be okay. You and the baby both will be." He promised, kissing her head. They decided against knowing their child's gender. They just wanted a surprised. They had picked out names for both, though. Angelica for a girl and James for a boy.

Eliza nodded and laid on Alexander for a moment. "I love you..." she whispered. She was very upset by the news and even if the doctor said the baby was fine, it still worried Eliza. She wouldn't know how the deal with it if she ended up losing the little baby inside her.

"I love you too, darling." Alexander said, kissing her head a couple times. "Let me walk you to the car. I've got to get to work soon." He said and they did just that.

Even though Alexander trusted Nathaniel, he still worried. He wanted his child and wife to be healthy when the kid was born and hoped they would be.