Chapter 12: A Walk In The Park

Start from the beginning

Ryker: You all rest up for tomorrow, I'll keep watch.

We all lay down on our respective sleeping bags. But after a while, I started dreaming things. Flashes of images filled my mind. One was about the Vytal Festival. Another was about Penny but she was on the ground, lifeless. The next one was Beacon in flames. And the last thing I saw was my friends all bloodied and beaten on the ground. I look up and the only thing I saw was a sadistic smile like the one from my nightmare before.

 I look up and the only thing I saw was a sadistic smile like the one from my nightmare before

I woke up in a cold sweat. My breathing was heavy. I put my hand over my forehead and left eye.

Me: What was that..? Nevermind... I need some air...

I stood up and walked over to a tree. I started climbing the tree and look up to the sky. The shattered moon was glistening in the night sky.

???: Having trouble sleeping..?

I look for the source of the sound until I see Fox keeping an eye out for everyone. I then remembered that his semblance allows him to talk telepathically.

Me: Yeah... Something like that...

Fox: Is something bothering you?

Me: No... Just a little... Excited for the dance...

Fox: I see... If I may ask, who is your date for the dance?

I tensed up.

Me: Uh... I... *sigh* Can you keep it between us..?

Fox: Of course.

Me: I was planning to ask out one of my teammates but can't decide between them...

Fox: You mean that you'll also ask out Silver?

Me: ...Yeah... Why..?

Fox: Nothing...

I sigh and try my best to sleep. We still have a mission to accomplish.

*Timeskip to Morning*

We entered the cave and took out some of the Grimm within the entrance. According to my dad, Professor Ozpin, the source of the infestation was in here. We walked further into the cave but the only ones who could see was me and Velvet due to us being a faunus.

Silver: Ugh, can someone please tell me that they brought a flashlight?

Newt: Well, I did but I can still see perfectly in the dark!

Me/Velvet: Huh?

Newt: My semblance allows me to see everyone's aura's. It also allows me to tell what emotion they feel depending on their color spectrum. It also helps me see in the dark.

Everyone: Oh...

Newt: Don't worry. I built these earlier in the bullhead!

He reaches into his bag and pulls out... Some goggles?