"Maybe, but it works... every time" Blair said before walking away.

Maddie stood in silence for a minute longer before heading home herself.

The next morning the headmistress called upon the students one by one. Asking questions and trying to piece together details.

"Good morning Madeline. I reviewed your record which if I may say is quite impeccable. You are one of our best students along with Miss Waldorf. Now I must ask how a student like you was involved and who started it"

"Can I just start off by saying I am beyond fortunate to have the opportunities this school provides. Like you said yourself I'm an amazing student. It was a misjudgment on my part to partake in such a horrible activity. I should have known better" Maddie began.

The headmistress didn't seem to pleased with her answer but dismissed her anyways.

As she walked out of the school at the end of the day Dan had ask to speak with her.

"Maddie I know you are probably going to side with Blair and then cause they are you friends but I'll just ask this once. If you know who it is can you confess? My reputation is on the line here. You all have money and privilege to fall back on I don't" Dan pleaded.

"Dan look you are a smart guy and I think you'll be okay at the end of this. I won't confess... I'm sorry" Maddie responded.

"Maddie I beg you. I'm going to be the escape goat for all of this" Dan pleaded once more.

"Do we have a problem here?" Chuck asked.

"No, yes, well no. I was just seeing if Maddie knew who it was" Dan confided to Chuck.

"Enough! Drop it before you find yourself expelled" Chuck threatened.

Nate walked over assuming a fight was about to break out with Chuck, Dan and Maddie.

"What's going on?" Nate asked.

"Nothing. It's nothing. I have to get going" Dan said.

"It's nothing Nathaniel" Chuck said before walking away. Maddie leaving without saying a word.

Later that night Blair was hosting a "study party". Maddie walked in to find poker being played, drinks being passed out and everyone do anything but studying.

"Madeline Rose didn't think you would show up" Chuck said to Maddie as she walked further into the apartment.

"Can we talk?" Maddie asked in a hush tone. Chuck shook his head and the two headed to Blair's room upstairs.

Unbeknownst to the two Nate was outside the door listening to their conversation. As he heard the two coming closer he knocked on the door.

"Oh Nate are you looking for Blair she's downstairs I think" Maddie said before rushing down the stairs to join the party.
———
Maddie could feel the blood drain from her body as the second group meeting was dismissed. Nate had tried to confess but his dishonesty got him in trouble.

"Nate why would you do that?" Maddie asked as the group gathered in the front of the school.

"I did it for Blair. I found it in her desk" Nate spoke out.

"It wasn't Blair" Maddie muttered under her breathe. She had her arms tightly wrapped around her chest and was looking hesitantly at the ground.

"Then who is it?" Nate asked. Maddie stood there unsure of what to say.

"Dan is going to get in trouble" Serena called out in a panic. Maddie turned around on her heel and headed back into the school.

"Don't do this" Chuck warned.

"It's over Chuck" Maddie said.

"You know and I know your father is going to kill you. You'll be sent off like Serena last summer" Chuck continued. Maddie stopped in the hallway looking Chuck in the eyes.

"Well then this is my farewell. Ivy's just weren't my thing anyways" Maddie said before heading to the office.

Maddie patiently waited a few minutes outside until the headmistress opened the door. Dan sitting in the chair looked shocked.

"Madeline can I help you? I was told it's urgent but I'm currently interviewing Daniel here" she explained.

"I had the key. I was the one who broke in" Maddie confessed.

"I see and can I ask how you obtained this key?"

"I was messing around with the senior captain of the pool team freshman year. We would met up there" Maddie confessed once more.

"Well given your perfect record I'll let you off this time" she said. Maddie and Dan both looked at her confused.

"You're both dismissed" she said.

Maddie and Dan walked out of the office stunned.

"See I told you she would let you off easy. Although I didn't expect it to be you" Dan said.

"Yeah well I have many secrets. I am however shocked on the lack of punishment" Maddie expressed.

"Privilege I'm telling you" Dan said before running off towards Serena.

"Maddie" Chuck called from the limo parked out front of the school. Maddie made her way towards it and hopped inside.

"How did it go?" Chuck asked as the driver pulled away.

"Surprisingly good. Not a mark or mention on my record" Maddie stated.

"My father is hosting an engagement party for him and Lily. Small and personally but he's expecting you to be there... since we are dating and all" Chuck said with a sly grin.

"Chuck. Serena is going to think we actually are now" Maddie whined.

"Oh don't worry about my new step-sissy. I'll handle her. So can you come?" Chuck asked.

"I don't think I have a choice" Maddie said sarcastically as she noted she was already in the limo. Chuck laughed at her joke.
———
Later that night Maddie had gathered at the Bart Residence with Serena, Eric, Lily, Bart and Chuck to celebrate the engagement.

Maddie was seated on the couch slowly sipping the celebratory champagne while chuck explained the situation to Serena.

Bart came and sat down next to Maddie making her instantly straighten her posture and put on a smile.

"Congrats once again" Maddie said.

"Thank you. You know Chuck called me today explaining your situation. I called the headmistress and explained how much your father and I donate to the school and what a shame it would be if we pulled our donations. I'm glad she let you off clean. Oh and no worries I didn't tell your dad, Chuck had mentioned no to. Think of this as a welcome to the family gift. I'm glad Chuck had picked you to watch over him." Bart explained.

"Thank you" Maddie mumbled before looking over her shoulder to Chuck and Serena.