Chapter 22: Sorting Time

Xu Qin didn't know what he regretted the most.

Chasing that person's shadow?

Marrying Su Ming?

Divorcing her?

Or why doesn't she change a bit earlier than this?

After interacting with the current Su Ming he had a lot of thoughts.

Although losing one's memories could make someone change, they are still the same person regardless.

Obviously, the current Su Ming may have a poisonous tongue and cold face but her character was not bad.

Therefore, was it his fault for not sympathizing with her in the past?

Due to her family situation which led her to think that being a girl was at a disadvantage?

Coupled with the fact that he mistook her for someone else, was she insecure once she had birthed him a daughter? Afraid that he would divorce her after finding that person so she desperately wanted a son?

She thought that she was a mere substitute so she never tried to cultivate their feelings?

Was it entirely his fault for unable to keep his family together?

Perhaps he was the one who harmed the two women's feelings the most.

Xu Qin didn't talk with other people regarding this matter since it what should be solved between his family. 

However, he didn't dare to mention this matter in front of his daughter. Carelessly mentioning the word divorce she would catch up right away that something was wrong.

Therefore, he could only talk to Su Ming.

As if to vent all of his frustrations, Xu Qin continued to talk,"You know what? Seeing Mei'er matures this fast I am not happy at all."

"When she was 2 years old, she once asked me 'Papa, what does Biological Daughter mean? I only know the word Daughter.' It turned out that she overheard the servants talking about her not being my biological daughter seeing how you always stepped outside."

Xu Qin thought that her memory shouldn't have developed too fast to still remember the past but occasionally, he found that she still had some recollections from when she was two years old.

Xu Qin was distressed. He didn't want to think about how much their divorce would affect her.

Now, they could say that her mother was leaving for a business trip but what came after that?

Should they tell her to wait?

So let her keep on waiting for someone who had already cut ties with her?

And once she realized something wrong, wouldn't she feel much worse than not having bid a proper farewell and told her beforehand?

Xu Qin could deal with this matter if Su Ming were to remain the same as she used to be in the past.

However, things become harder now. Xu Mei would have a hard time letting go of her current mother.

Meanwhile, on the other side, Xu Ming gave a deep look at the man's helpless face.

He genuinely admired how hard he thought of his daughter and tried hard to keep his family together.

However, once the glass was broken into pieces, no matter how meticulously you glued the broken pieces together, it was still classified as broken glass.

Going by real age, Xu Ming was 4 years older than Xu Qin so seeing the latter spoke so much to him unlike in the past, he knew that he was really desperate.