Chapter 38 : Xu Ming

Grandpa Xu has always been proud of himself for being healthy for his old age but at this moment, he suddenly doubted that he had a hearing impairment.

Upon mentioning Xu Group, of course, Grandpa Xu first thought of his own family but it was inconceivable since the founder was himself then he passed his position to his son, and now his eldest grandson was holding that position.

Therefore, even though Grandpa Xu knew that it was crazy of him to think of this, he couldn’t help but recall another Xu that had no relation whatsoever to his family in China.

He used to work in the military and even though he retired quite early he was nevertheless considered an important figure so he still kept in touch with the people from the military to this present day.

A long time ago, the people from the high suddenly questioned him whether he knew Xu Heng from R country or not since after all they had the same surname.

Grandpa Xu no longer had a connection with his family but he still kept an eye on them lest they suddenly provoke him later on so he knew all of their family tree to which he could confidently say that there was no Xu Heng in his family.

In the end, it was simply a pure coincidence that they had the same surname.

However, for them to ask about this, surely Xu Heng was not a simple character and as expected, he was a cunning man that could grow his force in a foreign place all by himself and expanded rapidly to be a force to be reckoned with.

Even the government in R country was treading carefully around this Xu Group so that’s why the government needed to confirm with Grandpa Xu whether he held any relationship with them or not.

Due to this episode, Grandpa Xu let his subordinate keep an eye on them for a while so that was how he was reminded right away of Xu Ming’s actual family.

You could say that few matters could manage to shock Grandpa Xu to the core and currently, this revelation was one of those few.

Grandpa Xu wanted to deny that it was nonsense but the moment he looked at that calm and collected face, he could finally see the resemblance to that young man that he once saw in the past.

Grandpa Xu indeed hated Xu Heng’s insidious nature and the people who worked for him but undeniably, he needed to admit that he produced such an excellent heir who was nothing like him at all.

Although he had never crossed paths with them, he accidentally saw a glimpse of the new head of Xu Group when he was having a meeting with his former colleague back in the base.

That day it did not yet dawn so outside the building was still illuminated by the street lamp, however, Grandpa Xu seemed to remember the young man’s appearance so clearly until today.

It was the beginning of the winter so snow already started to pile up on the ground. Standing in the middle of the encirclement of the soldiers were three tall men.

The tallest man had blond hair whereas another slightly shorter man had dark brown hair, both of them with guns in their hands stood protectively in front of another person who was half a head shorter than the two.

Even though not a single shot was fired, the air seemed to be full of the smell of gunpowder.

At that time, Grandpa Xu was secretly watching with binoculars on the second floor of the building behind them so he did not get to see what the third person looked like due to being blocked by the other two. However, he did know his identity which was why he specifically waited and watched from afar.

A young man who was slightly older than his eldest grandson but was daring enough to have his legs stepped on both sides without overturning the boat was more than worthy enough of his recognition.