Chapter 39: A Bad Dream Or A Good Nightmare? (1)

In the meantime, Xu Qin was anxiously pacing outside in the corridor since it had already been 10 minutes after Xu Ming went into the room.

It was a short time but too long for a person with a few words such as Xu Ming to say her farewell.

Honestly speaking, it was even more strange that she had the thought of saying goodbye to his grandfather in private, to begin with.

As Xu Qin was speculating about the situation inside, the person in question finally stepped out with her usual emotionless face.

"Did Grandpa scold you?"

Xu Ming who had just closed the door was a bit astounded upon hearing this question. He wordlessly lifted his eyes to look at the taller man who looked at him with worried eyes.

He thought that the first thing the man would ask was about his conversation with the old man, not inquiring about his well-being first thing the moment he stepped out just like this.

Xu Ming shifted his eyes away before unhurriedly responding," Even if he did, he can’t win anyways."

Xu Qin who found himself immediately agreed with her words,"......" Well, true.

Since there was no more business to do here, the two began to make their way back to Xu Mei’s room.

Along the way, Xu Ming inevitably saw Xu Qin's expression loosen out of his peripheral vision thus he casually asked,’’ Afraid of him?’’

At this question, Xu Qin subconsciously recalled his past with his grandparents,’’ In the past, there was Grandma to keep an eye on him but ever since she’s gone, Grandpa’s temper could go overboard sometimes and no one dared to talk back to him in those situations.’’

He made a small pause before complaining in a small voice, ‘’ I once got lectured by him for almost three hours straight…’’

With Xu Qin’s personality, Xu Ming could indeed imagine the younger version of him silently listening to the old man’s lecture without speaking a single word back for three hours straight.

Perhaps, Xu Ming found the situation a little bit funny so the corner of his lips slightly raised as he said in a low voice but was enough for the two of them to hear in this empty corridor.

’’ What a polar bear, just a puppy.’’

Xu Qin’s lips involuntarily stretched into a smile, he playfully said, ’’ Is this your way of saying that I am cute?’’

Hearing something so unexpected, Xu Ming was forced to pause in his steps as he turned his head to the side to look at the person beside him, feeling a bit speechless, ’’ Aren’t you ashamed of saying so?’’

Xu Qin chuckled,’’ I am not.’’

‘’But I am.’’ Xu Ming said with a straight face before resuming his walk.

Xu Qin was not afraid of teasing the other party as he smilingly said from behind, ‘’ I remember you saying that you felt no shame because you are shameless?’’

Xu Ming turned a deaf ear to his question. He increased his pace wanting to leave the other person behind.

Unfortunately, Xu Qin was much taller than him so he could easily catch up with him due to his pair of long legs in a heartbeat. As a result, the two once again walked side by side.

Despite no one initiating a conversation anymore, the atmosphere was not rigid and cold as it used to be in the past.

In this quiet corridor, only faint footsteps were heard while the moonlight penetrated through the glass window gently falling onto the two figures creating shadows that stretched and blended into one.